Author Topic: LiveJournal copy & paste  (Read 3536 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
LiveJournal copy & paste
« on: September 20, 2006, 10:27:29 pm »
I like to copy & paste my fan fiction into word documents and then print them out and read them.

I've just tried to copy & paste some more fan fic to read and Live Journal suddenly won't let me!  >:(  Anybody else experiencing this?  Is there a way around this?

Help!!  I need Fan Fiction for the plane ride to Boston!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Re: LiveJournal copy & paste
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 10:39:01 pm »
I've had that problem with a few stories on LJ when trying to quote in comments, but not all stories... I'm not sure what the problem is. If worse comes to worse, you could maybe email authors and have them email you the word document?

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 05:45:03 am »
I like to copy & paste my fan fiction into word documents and then print them out and read them.

I've just tried to copy & paste some more fan fic to read and Live Journal suddenly won't let me!  >:(  Anybody else experiencing this?  Is there a way around this?

Click on the author's name on LJ at the top of the page, it will take you to another page with a different format. You'll be able to copy and paste from there. On that page, chapters are ordered from top to bottom, beginning with the newest chapter posted, so if you want to copy older chapters, scroll down. I have a nice flight!  :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:56:35 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 06:53:02 am »

You need to go back to the old LJ layout that we all had before LJ changed it's layout to 'Horizon' at the beginning of September.
Go to the Support Page
Change to a different style
Click on xcalibur and save

This is what I did and it works for me!  :)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 09:24:58 am »
Thanks for the tips everyone...   :D

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 11:15:36 pm »
Being in bed for 3-4 days, I picked outa fanfic to read whiloe I was ly8jng flat: Belgianboy, throutgh reunion 4. I was horrified that it toook an ENTIRE ink cartridge, and ther rest of my computer paper! Is there a more economical way to prunk stuff out?
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 06:08:00 am »
Being in bed for 3-4 days, I picked outa fanfic to read whiloe I was ly8jng flat: Belgianboy, throutgh reunion 4. I was horrified that it toook an ENTIRE ink cartridge, and ther rest of my computer paper! Is there a more economical way to prunk stuff out?

A laser printer is cheaper, in the long run, than an inkjet...but you probably aren't in the market for a new printer.

I also think you could save a story in a Word document and probably reformat it to make it shorter: smaller margins and font, for example. You can also save the Word file on an external device (thumb drive, flash drive) and take somewhere like Kinko's or Staples to be printed. They'll charge you per page, of course, but it still might be cheaper than the cost of an ink cartridge.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belgianboy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Jakin' off ever' chance I get ...
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 01:07:49 pm »
I have an inkjet and my dad turned me on to CHEAP (new) cartridges from eBay. They're all made in China, of course, but as far as I can tell, they are legitimate equivalents, even though the brand manufacturer doesn't like it. I buy them in bulk, ten black and ten color at a time, because they cost only TEN PERCENT of the brand name (at least for my old Epson 777i). Every now and then my red lights go on to tell me the cartridge is empty when it really isn't (sneaky ol' Epson), but there is a nifty little device that allows me to reset the cartridge, and I can continue without changing cartridges. I can't imagine ever going back to the $30 cartridges!