Author Topic: The Road: A Simple 4-Part Psychological Survey of Attitudes  (Read 25581 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The Road: A Simple 4-Part Psychological Survey of Attitudes
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 08:50:41 pm »
The road is your attitude about life. A man I know described his life as interstate highway with a car wreck. That also described his real life.

The body of water is your attitude toward feelings, intimacy, and sex. The same guy, no kidding, said his body of water was a stagnant pool.

The bottle is your attitude toward other people. The choice is to move it or leave it alone. The man I’ve been talking about walked around the bottle.

The wall is your attitude toward problems. The highway-walking, stagnant-pool, avoid-the-bottle guy said, “Turn around and go back. There could be guys with guns on the other side.” I’m not making this up. He really said that.
Of course, this isn’t a scientific test, and no valid truth can be assumed from it. Yet, I’ve shared this “real-life meme” hundreds of times since that dinner — with people I know well and people I just met. No one has ever said the interpretation didn’t ring true — even the stagnan-pool guy, said it was “on the money.”

Ok, so I view life as a peaceful journey, I want my sex loud and fast, I'll take friends along with me until I can find a place to dispose of them, and I look for ways around or through problems.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 08:53:59 pm »

1. What is your favorite color? Think of three words to describe it.

Green.  Lush, healthy, renewed

2. What is your favorite animal? Think of three words to describe it.

Cat.  playful, intelligent, affectionate

3. What is your favorite location or association with water? Three words to describe it.

Waterfalls.  Noisy, powerful, soothing

4. You are surrounded by a white light and can see or experience nothing else. Three words to describe your feelings.

rested, relaxed, peaceful

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 08:55:53 pm »
The description of a person's favorite color is often a depiction of how that person sees him or herself.

The description of a favorite animal represents how others see you.

The description of a favorite place or association with water is (as in the previous survey) how you feel about sexuality.

The description of feelings about the white light indicate the feelings of death.

Ok, so I think I'm healthy and renewed, I think others see me as affectionate and playful, I want my sex loud and fast, and I guess I'm at peace with dying.

:laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 09:52:54 pm »
Thanks for reviving this friend! I haven't played yet, so I'll jump in now too.

1.   You’re walking on a road. It’s your road. Tell me about it.
      A rutted dirt road, but not muddy, with grass and wildflowers growing in the median between the tire tracks. The road winds gently to the right and disappears over a hill.
2.   As you walk, you pass a body of water, describe it.
     It is a loch, with cold water lapping at the shore, crystal clear and you can see jewel colored stones and shells on the bottom, also tiny fish and jellyfish drifting about.
3.   Directly in your path is an empty bottle. What’s your response to it?
     It appears to be an empty Starbucks frapuccino bottle. The mouth of the bottle is pointed toward me. I get down on all fours to examine it and put my nose into the mouth of the bottle. There is no scent and the bottle is completely clean and empty. I move it to the side of the road and put it gently down into the grass where it might become a haven for a mouse or insect. I also look for the lid, but I don't find it anywhere.
4.   You continue until you find yourself facing a wall that crosses your road perpendicularly. What do you do?
     I use my rock climbing skills to scale the wall and look over onto the other side to see if I want to go over there.
"chewing gum and duct tape"