Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5659903 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
"B" is bungler
« Reply #17640 on: July 09, 2008, 10:46:52 pm »
For all Jack's skills as a herder, of the two cowboys he was a bit more of a bungler, especially when it came to opening cans or shooting coyotes.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"C" is can's
« Reply #17641 on: July 09, 2008, 10:55:21 pm »
The coffee can's contents consisted of 24 clams.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"D" is disease
« Reply #17642 on: July 10, 2008, 01:13:38 am »
After Jack followed the lead of the two horses and drank from the tea-colored river, Ennis cautioned him about getting beaver fever, a disease caused by the flagellate protozoan Giardia lamblia.

Offline Ellemeno

"E" is E!
« Reply #17643 on: July 10, 2008, 02:22:09 am »
This Friday, July 11th, 2008, at 9pm, Eastern and Pacific, on the E! network, the E! True Hollywood Story premieres its episode about Heath Ledger, star of Brokeback Mountain.

http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/ths/episodes/index.jsp

=aside= players
The weirdest coincidence - I realized that the word network has "two" in it, and that there is an "E!" network that hadn't been played.  So I went Googling to find something BBM-related from E! and found this - that tomorrow they are premiering this show about Heath.  How weird is that?

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"F" is forefront
« Reply #17644 on: July 10, 2008, 07:58:35 am »
Proulx, 70, in town recently for the premiere of Ang Lee's film adaptation of "Brokeback Mountain," says that while she was "blown away" by the movie, she doesn't welcome the return of Ennis and Jack to the forefront of her consciousness.

"Put yourself in my place," the author says. "An elderly, white, straight female, trying to write about two 19-year-old gay kids in 1963. What kind of imaginative leap do you think was necessary? Profound, extreme, large. To get into those guys' heads and actions took a lot of 16-hour days, and never thinking about anything else and living a zombie life. That's what I had to do. I really needed an exorcist to get rid of those characters. And they roared back when I saw the film."

=aside= Elle
That is unbelievable - what an amazing coincidence. And kudos to you for realizing the word "network" has the word "two" in it.

Offline Fran

"G" is Giardia
« Reply #17645 on: July 10, 2008, 09:46:44 am »
After Jack followed the lead of the two horses and drank from the tea-colored river, Ennis cautioned him about getting beaver fever, a disease caused by the flagellate protozoan Giardia lamblia.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"H" is Hoffman
« Reply #17646 on: July 10, 2008, 12:30:06 pm »
In addition to four 2006 BAFTA awards to BBM ,the best acting award went to Philip Seymour Hoffman for Capote , and best costume design to Coleen Atwood for Memoirs of a Geisha .

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"I" is Independent
« Reply #17647 on: July 10, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »
Film Independent's 2006 Independent Spirit Awards were held - as usual - in a tent on the beach in Santa Monica. The award show which bills itself as the coolest of the bunch attracted lots of big names from the world of indie films, including a lot of Oscar nominees.

The last major award show before the Academy Awards pretty much toed the line when it came to handing out the big trophies. "Brokeback Mountain" took home the Best Feature award and director Ang Lee scored the Best Director trophy.

=aside= Paul
Another clever use of "two."

Offline Fran

"L" is lamblia
« Reply #17648 on: July 10, 2008, 12:57:56 pm »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"M" is microscopic
« Reply #17649 on: July 10, 2008, 01:15:14 pm »
After Jack followed the lead of the two horses and drank from the tea-colored river, Ennis cautioned him about getting beaver fever, a disease caused by the microscopic parasite Giardia lamblia.

=thanks=
Fran and Sandy.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:53:57 pm by southendmd »