Author Topic: Annie Proulx's memoir.  (Read 56230 times)

Offline chowhound

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Annie Proulx's memoir.
« on: September 05, 2010, 06:14:17 pm »
I have just found out that early next year Annie Proulx's memoir is to be published. It will be called "Bird Cloud: A Memoir" and deals with Brokeback Mountain amongst other things. It is scheduled to be released on January 4, 2011. Something to look forward to in the New Year.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Annie Proulx's memoir.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 06:28:26 pm »
You bet! Thanks for the information, friend!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 08:25:07 pm »
I have just found out that early next year Annie Proulx's memoir is to be published. It will be called "Bird Cloud: A Memoir" and deals with Brokeback Mountain amongst other things. It is scheduled to be released on January 4, 2011. Something to look forward to in the New Year.

Cool!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 08:38:07 pm »
Oh this should be inneresting.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 12:37:43 am »

What Meryl said : cool 8).

But I can't help but wonder a little bit: this shy woman, who puts so much emphasis on her privacy, living at far out places, rarely giving interviews, suddenly wants to share her life?

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 03:13:27 am »
my curiosity is peaked!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 10:27:11 am »

Yeehaw!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 10:30:18 am »

What Meryl said : cool 8).

But I can't help but wonder a little bit: this shy woman, who puts so much emphasis on her privacy, living at far out places, rarely giving interviews, suddenly wants to share her life?

Good point. We'll just have to wait and see. Perhaps it will deal more with her life as a writer than with her personal life. Also, in a memoir she gets to "talk" about what she wants to "talk" about, not what some interviewer wants to ask her about.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 10:40:19 am »
At various talks and appearances Annie Proulx HAS shared a lot about her life. She didn't strike me as an especially private person which unfortunately made it terribly easy for crackpots and extremists to descend on her Centennial, Wy, home and torment her mercilessly. She also made it too easy for people to contact her and there are so many crazies out there. Only after fame became oppressive did she retreat from the public scene.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 04:35:07 am »
Yes, sertanly something to look forward to!!
Ennis.....always Ennis.....