Author Topic: Oscar Wilde's love letters found  (Read 2086 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Oscar Wilde's love letters found
« on: September 18, 2010, 02:22:10 pm »

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Oscar Wilde's love letters found
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 05:09:37 pm »
I hope so too. Wilde was so brilliant. I have pretty much read everything he has written - even his poetry - and for someone who doesn't usually appreciate poetry that's a pretty big deal :)

The excerpt they had posted was a very interesting read. Booty call 19th century style!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Oscar Wilde's love letters found
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 06:01:17 pm »
I hope so too. Wilde was so brilliant. I have pretty much read everything he has written - even his poetry - and for someone who doesn't usually appreciate poetry that's a pretty big deal :)

The excerpt they had posted was a very interesting read. Booty call 19th century style!

It was classy, wasn't it?  :laugh:

I read Oscar Wilde's bio and a bio of his loser lover Bosie.  In Paris, I had pictures taken of me standing next to Wilde's tomb.  That Bosie was such a jerk it makes you wonder what Oscar saw in him.  Just a pretty face?  Bosie turned Catholic, became extremely devout, convinced himself he wasn't gay and proceeded to socially destroy all of his colleagues from his Oscar days which in Victorian England days was quite a deadly thing to do to someone.  Later, in old age and living alone, he regretted his actions, dismissing his actions with "Oh, there is no one quite as fanatical as a recent convert".  ::)