Author Topic: What are your "pet hates'  (Read 18635 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: What are your "pet hates'
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 02:39:31 pm »
SUV drivers - anytime, anywhere, anyplace and under any circumstances. Unless they're farmers...

But especially SUV drivers with manicures, straightened hair, too much lip gloss and a mobile phone permanently attached to their friggin ear. You know the type...

People who don't say please and thankyou. Civility costs nothing!!!

Middle-lane hoggers on the motorway. It's for OVERTAKING, a**hole!

Over-packaged products really hack me off...

...and so does processed cheese.
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 03:16:46 pm »
But especially SUV drivers with manicures, straightened hair, too much lip gloss and a mobile phone permanently attached to their friggin ear. You know the type...

Oh, my.  Welcome to my world.  Here in Boca Raton, we call that type "Boca Bitches."  And they're *everywhere*.

<--- owns an SUV (it's a small one, honest!) but doesn't get manicures and never talks on the cell phone while driving (I'm a bad enough driver as it is - why aggravate it further?)

No more beans!

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 04:00:29 pm »
Oh, my.  Welcome to my world.  Here in Boca Raton, we call that type "Boca Bitches."  And they're *everywhere*.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: In the UK they're called 'Chavs', and yes, they're everywhere! ::)

<--- owns an SUV (it's a small one, honest!) but doesn't get manicures and never talks on the cell phone while driving

In that case we'll make a special exception for you Barb  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 04:47:26 pm »
I get irritated when someone thinks their new car somehow deserves to occupy THREE parking spaces. It pisses me off even more when the offending car is an old junker.

People parking so close to my car I can't get the driver's side door open. So I have to enter the car from the passenger side and climb, twist and crawl to get into the driver's seat. My car has a large stick shift on the floor board, and my ass has to go right over the top of it. Just one slight miscalculation and I could be making a very embarrassing 911 call.

People who walk their dogs across my front lawn, allow them to take a dump on it and leave it for me to clean up.   :P

Kids (and some adults) who install huge stereo speakers in the trunk of their car, turn their stereos up to maximum volume and drive up and down the street at 3:00 in the morning.

People who buy a pack of gum at the convenience store and pay for it with a $100 bill.

People who want to argue with the cashier, insisting they were just shortchanged a penny.

The person in front of me who wants to catch up on all the day's gossip with the cashier.

I call them "Oblivions".  They're completely oblivious to anything and everyone around them.
 >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 04:50:07 pm »
I hate feeling like everything has to go so fast... work, life, driving, everything. Sometimes I just want to do less and take more time doing it.

'Time to stop and Stare' by William Henry Davies.

What is this life if full of care
We have no time to stand and stare?
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep, or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this, if full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 08:35:54 pm »
Somebody said something about paying with checks. I pay with checks sometimes, but only because I find it so easy to accidently pay wth one of my credit cards, when I really meant to use my debit card. Sometimes I accidently grab my debit card when I really meant to use my credit card. Once I even accidently swiped my Blockbuster Card to pay for some groceries.

Yeah, I'm a real dingbat.   

But, when I pay by check, I always try to fill out the check before I leave my house so when it is time to pay, I only need to fill in the amount.   
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 01:56:06 am »
Pet hate?

I'll say reality TV ..  ;D

Okay .. I have seen one episode of the Amazing race .. and two episodes of Extreme makeover.  Those ones are not so bad ..but then there are others like "American Princess", "Marry my dad", "First American Model" or could it be "Top American Model" .. lol .. and a string of other pointless shows that are as far away from reality as can be ..  ;D  The other day I feel asleep on the sofa, woke up to find American Princess (or whatever the name is) playing .. I almost twisted my ankle rushing to switch off the telly..lol.. can't stand alot of those unreal shows!

Now give me some British drama or comedy and we'd be in business!  ;)

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 07:12:03 am »
*People who drive past me at 60 miles per hour where they are allowed 30 when I am cycling on the street. It's dangerous and it shows no respect to me or other people who are cycling!  >:(

*People who jump queues

*People in general? I have a hard time accepting that there are a lot of people who are ignorant, stupid, who do not feel the need to question authority/the government, who do not question anything in their life.

*I also have a hard time accepting the attitudes of a lot of teenagers here in Holland. It seems that they just don't give a **** and they are so lethargic and uninterested. On top of that they are rude, loud, they drink excessively (this is becoming a major problem here) and smoke pot (which is no problem at all as long as you don't have a brain that is still developing).

I am sorry for the negative ranting... :( I am going to post something positive now somewhere else!  ;)

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 01:51:49 pm »
PPl with many too many windchimes and their neighbors all have windchimes.  The slighest breeze and I hear the Japanese one, the seashells grating, the ones which make unnatural noises (like you know it's not a bird).    Guess I like the quiet of the outdoors.  :)

Scott6373

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 01:55:57 pm »
Biggest one is the lack of common courtesy!  I mean if someone takes the time to say hello or make a welcoming gesture, and the response is less than you get from a corpse...drives me mad!!!