Author Topic: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?  (Read 41408 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2009, 06:32:21 pm »
I started wondering if maybe UFOs are people (humans) from the future. :-\

Just think about it. If time travel is possible, it is very likely at some point in the future we will figure out how to do it. Maybe those UFOs are people from 5,000 years in the future coming back to visit the past. Or maybe coming back to rewrite history in order to avoid some horrible event - some terrible mistake we are about to make.

I don't know.

There are many theories about what UFOs might be.

My favorite one is that they're manifestations in our dimension of other dimensional objects.  They're not like anything here and we can't figure out what they are because we're not seeing the whole whatever-it-is.

The example was made of a person living in a 2 dimensional world.  Everything is flat and on one plane, like a Cartesian grid.  Now imagine dipping a 3 dimensional beach ball into their 'flat' world.  What would a beach ball look like to them?  They can't see the whole thing, they just suddenly see only a portion - a multi-colored curved line in the sky.

So here we are living in a 3 dimensional world when something from a 4-5-6-7-8 dimension protrudes into our reality.  What would we see?   ???  A UFO maybe?

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2009, 07:14:12 pm »
I loved that show as well but I'm told it's been cancelled, which is rather upsetting.  It seems everytime I get hooked on a show it disappears.  :-\

:'(       :'(       :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2009, 08:10:00 pm »
to celebrate Spring....

the first crop circle of the year!!!.

April 14 near Avebury, Wiltshire, England in a field of yellow flowering canola

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2009, 10:20:38 pm »
Along the same lines as the  extra-dimensional perception thing, it was explained to me like this:

Imagine you're a mouse in a tabletop maze in a laboratory. Your mouse senses only allow you to perceive length and breadth, but not depth. Therefore, as you scurry about inside the maze, you have no perception that there's a group of scientists leaning over you, observing your every move. All you are capable of perceiving is the maze you're enclosed within.

This analogy could also be applied to ghosts and other paranormal phenomena. Are you really alone in that room, sitting at your PC? 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2009, 10:48:10 pm »
see? I just peek in for ONE minute and someone gives me the heeby jeebies!!