Author Topic: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?  (Read 41095 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 10:09:27 pm »
Delalluvia -

:-*

Maybe they just want their ship to look pretty.

If I was an alien I would try to make my space ship look as fabulous as possible. Of course I'm gay, so this is to be expected.

....and I would make absolutely sure my spaceship was built in the shape of a *beep!*

Ooops! Sorry about that you all. I got carried away.

God it's hot in here.  ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Would you paint it 'lavender' and call it 'Priscilla'?   ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2006, 12:22:49 am »
Because the beings in it need light to see by?

Well, I guess if it had navigation lights and lights seen from the cabins, it would be a plane. An IFO, not a UFO.

Many people have described seeing the very same thing you saw. I have watched documentaries on the Travel Channel, Sci-Fi and Discovery Channel about this too, and some of the crafts they show also sound similar. So there must be something to this.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 02:48:40 am »
I saw a show on the Discovery channel, where they were talking about these people that had a certain kind of surgery on their brains. When the people woke up from the surgery some of them claimed that aliens had kidnapped them and did experiments on them.

Investigation brought out that the people who made those claims had all had surgery on a certain spot in their brains. So they did an experiment and used volunteers. They electrically stimulated that spot and every one of the volunteers woke up and said the aliens had been there...

Weird huh? but interesting...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 10:17:45 pm »
I saw a show on the Discovery channel, where they were talking about these people that had a certain kind of surgery on their brains. When the people woke up from the surgery some of them claimed that aliens had kidnapped them and did experiments on them.

Investigation brought out that the people who made those claims had all had surgery on a certain spot in their brains. So they did an experiment and used volunteers. They electrically stimulated that spot and every one of the volunteers woke up and said the aliens had been there...

Weird huh? but interesting...

That is interesting Jess. While I do believe in alien space crafts visiting us, I never really did buy into those "alien abduction" stories. But after reading what you just posted, now I am thinking twice about it. Maybe it really does happen sometimes.  ???

injest

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2006, 10:23:42 pm »
I didn't write clear enough...The scientist were saying that the stories of abduction were a PRODUCT of electrical malfunction in a certain area of the brain...

an hallucination if you will...they were struck that all the volunteers 'remembered' the same details...

so maybe it is a form of epilepsy or something...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2006, 10:28:39 pm »
I didn't write clear enough...The scientist were saying that the stories of abduction were a PRODUCT of electrical malfunction in a certain area of the brain...

an hallucination if you will...they were struck that all the volunteers 'remembered' the same details...

so maybe it is a form of epilepsy or something...

Okay. Well, I haven't seen an alien yet, so I guess I don't have epilepsy.

I never really did believe in those alien abduction stories.

For a minute there, I was afraid I was going to have to start shopping for a can of alien repellent.

injest

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 10:37:45 pm »
well it is only a theory...and I can discuss it right now cause my hubby is still up and all the lights are on...as soon as he goes off to bed?? I will run out of this thread in a heartbeat...

I don't know why I am so taken with hearing the stories; cause it is very scary to me...I think it is very possible that there are aliens out there...but I don't want to see one!  EVER!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 11:39:13 pm »
well it is only a theory...and I can discuss it right now cause my hubby is still up and all the lights are on...as soon as he goes off to bed?? I will run out of this thread in a heartbeat...

I don't know why I am so taken with hearing the stories; cause it is very scary to me...I think it is very possible that there are aliens out there...but I don't want to see one!  EVER!

But what if they are already here? What if you have seen one?

Maybe aliens look exactly like we do... and they are walking among us.

I've heard this theory tossed around a few times.

injest

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 11:43:51 pm »
well see that would be ok...as long as they LOOK like us and don't have scary powers like laser vision or something I am fine with it!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 12:05:18 am »

I strongly suggest you never read 'Communion' or 'Majestic' by Whitley Strieber.  The guy is a famous writer, wrote some good sci-fi novels and strongly believes he is and continues to be and has in the past been abducted by aliens.

The guy went to college here in Texas back in the 60's.  He has this dream-like recollection of the Whitman shooting from the University of Texas tower and his description of the huge Texas sky after his abduction - 'like a great eye staring down at me' gives me chills to this day.

Do not read these books at night, or alone.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:07:03 am by delalluvia »