Author Topic: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?  (Read 41432 times)

Offline Kelpersmek

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2006, 05:07:01 pm »
I think that the nothingness beyond the universe does exist in that it doesn't.  Umm...  ???
That is I believe in something which doesn't exist.  umm...  :-\

I believe in a thing called non-existance and that it does exist... argh!  ::)

So, yeah, I agree.  Just because we can't think of a nothing doesnt mean there isn't/is one.
<sigh> See, we even lack the language to discuss a void  :-\

"RAW PRAWN!!!! ->

Wait, my mistake, it's a lobster.  I love that fic!"
-Merrobot

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2006, 08:17:50 pm »
What is beyond those boundaries?  Nothing, but not in the sense of empty space.  Nothing as in non-existance, a lack of eveything, including time and space.  There are no dimentions in which to move about

Which of course, then begs the question which always floors me.

If there is non-existence beyond the universe...what is the unverse expanding into?  It can't expand into something that doesn't exist.  So SOMEthing has to exist.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2006, 01:29:20 am »
If there is non-existence beyond the universe...what is the unverse expanding into?

Was it Hitchhiker's Guuide that said the answer is '23'? :)

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2006, 07:12:12 am »
Was it Hitchhiker's Guuide that said the answer is '23'? :)

42  :)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2006, 07:32:56 am »
I have never seen an UFO ever in my life. However, I wonder if there is life on the earth, why can't there be life someplace else? I just don't see why we have to be the only living beings in the entire universe.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2006, 11:07:03 pm »
Absolutely, without a doubt!  I just recently watched a show on The History channel dealing with correlations between stories in the Bible and UFOs/E.T.s as interpreted by todays ideas.  Particularily interesting was the story of Elija being taken into a "chariot of fire", drawn by 4 great white horses across the heavens, never to be seen again. The interpretation was a spaceship, and it occurred to me that if people can believe some of the more colorful stories in the Bible with absolute conviction, why is it so far-fetched to believe in spaceships and E.T.s?

E.T.s have been on this planet from the beginning; they are among us today, and they will be here when this world ends..hopefully to transport humans to another place and survive the destruction of Earth.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2006, 02:17:04 am »

E.T.s have been on this planet from the beginning; they are among us today, and they will be here when this world ends..hopefully to transport humans to another place and survive the destruction of Earth.

I sure hope your right. At the rate we are going, we'll probably need to catch a lift from them sooner than we think.  :(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2006, 07:06:35 pm »
I agree with you David..probably by 2050 or earlier :laugh: :laugh:
But seriously, from several different sources (the Bible, Nostradamus, Aztec, Mayan,Inca and other native peoples predications) the date for the destruction of the world is between 2023 and 2035, most have fallen between 2023 and 2025...Doug

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2006, 07:11:51 pm »
But seriously, from several different sources (the Bible, Nostradamus, Aztec, Mayan,Inca and other native peoples predications) the date for the destruction of the world is between 2023 and 2035, most have fallen between 2023 and 2025...Doug

Nostradamus was still predicting things to happen in the year 3000+ c.e., so he might need to be left off that list.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2006, 07:14:28 pm »

Doug (is it okay if I call you Doug?), somebody mentioned 2012 a few weeks ago. If you peruse this thread (it is probably about 2 pages back from this one) you will see it. There is something tricky about that number. For some reason 2012 doesn't look right. It gives me the creeps.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.