Author Topic: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?  (Read 41400 times)

moremojo

Re: Do You Believe In U.F.O.s and Extra Terrestrials?
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2006, 08:03:18 pm »
Doug (is it okay if I call you Doug?), somebody mentioned 2012 a few weeks ago. If you peruse this thread (it is probably about 2 pages back from this one) you will see it. There is something tricky about that number. For some reason 2012 doesn't look right. It gives me the creeps.
Yes, the ancient Maya calendar is scheduled to end on the occasion of the solstice on December 21, 2012. Apparently, they and other ancient Mesoamerican peoples who shared or inherited their system of reckoning time believed that the current cosmic cycle would end on that date.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2006, 09:03:17 pm »
Doug (is it okay if I call you Doug?), somebody mentioned 2012 a few weeks ago. If you peruse this thread (it is probably about 2 pages back from this one) you will see it. There is something tricky about that number. For some reason 2012 doesn't look right. It gives me the creeps.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Mayan prophecies.  After all, the Mayans also believed that a steady stream of ritual human sacrifice kept the cosmos in balance and daily blood letting in honor of the gods kept them happy.

Obiviously the cosmos still exists and the gods remain enigmatic even without these religious activities occuring.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2006, 12:34:39 am »
I wouldn't worry too much about the Mayan prophecies.  After all, the Mayans also believed that a steady stream of ritual human sacrifice kept the cosmos in balance and daily blood letting in honor of the gods kept them happy.

Obiviously the cosmos still exists and the gods remain enigmatic even without these religious activities occuring.

Well, Mayan prophecies or no, I still say there is something very wrong with that number. Take a look at it...

Doesn't that number give you cold chills?  :(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2006, 03:21:05 pm »
Yes, David. You may call me by my name.  It's more personal than a screen name.
I do recall the number 2012 from something, but don 't remember just what it was.  However, I don't see anything in that number, except it is only 6 years away.  Am I missing something that has drawn you to it?  Please elaborate.  Thanks..Doug

injest

« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2007, 06:48:13 pm »
Hey, David....don't look at these pictures at night by yourself!!

(I know that they are PROBABLY faked...but STILL!! EEEEEEEE!!!)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(the ones where the 'objects' weren't seen by anyone...that just showed up on the picture are the scariest to me!!)

http://www.bltresearch.com/eyewitness6.html

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2007, 07:24:27 pm »
The UK Ministry of Defence is soon to release its UFO investigation records.  They have so many enquiries from the public that it will cheaper to release the papers rather than have to respond to each enquiry which they are obliged to do so under some sort of freedom of information act, if only to say they can't release the information!   People are hoping there will be something on a notorious event at an American Airbase in the 80s I think.  2 or 3 people went out to investigate an event in nearby woods & there is apparently a recording made of their conversations as they investigated. 

There seem to be quite a few UFO sightings from military pilots, who are credible witnesses.  I would hate to see one, as it would be something I couldn't explain & that would drive me crazy! ( Crazier  ;D )

I have a morbid fear of driving alone at night & seeing an alien in the back seat when I check the rear view mirror - I saw an illustration of this scene in a book I had on UFOs when I was younger & it really stayed with me. *shivers*
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

injest

« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2007, 07:33:57 pm »
The UK Ministry of Defence is soon to release its UFO investigation records.  They have so many enquiries from the public that it will cheaper to release the papers rather than have to respond to each enquiry which they are obliged to do so under some sort of freedom of information act, if only to say they can't release the information!   People are hoping there will be something on a notorious event at an American Airbase in the 80s I think.  2 or 3 people went out to investigate an event in nearby woods & there is apparently a recording made of their conversations as they investigated. 

There seem to be quite a few UFO sightings from military pilots, who are credible witnesses.  I would hate to see one, as it would be something I couldn't explain & that would drive me crazy! ( Crazier  ;D )

I have a morbid fear of driving alone at night & seeing an alien in the back seat when I check the rear view mirror - I saw an illustration of this scene in a book I had on UFOs when I was younger & it really stayed with me. *shivers*

SHIVER NOTHING!! Shake and hide under the bed!! LOL!

I don't want to see one either...ever!

I think I have heard about the one you are talking about. I like to read about that stuff during the day...but when it gets dark I don't!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2007, 11:07:52 pm »
Those are some spooky pictures Jess. I think a few of them have been dolled up, but there are a couple that look totally legit.

Spooky. Very spooky.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2007, 07:21:16 pm »
Those are some spooky pictures Jess. I think a few of them have been dolled up, but there are a couple that look totally legit.

Spooky. Very spooky.

>:( >:(

you wasn't supposed to look at them in the DARK!! You coulda been scared!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2007, 08:01:24 pm »

We don't fear in the 'back seat' alien sightings, but my sister and I are well aware of those lonely back roads at night that you always read about people having their encounters and my sister and I sometimes find ourselves lost on some back Texas road and say to each other..."Hmmm, this is 'missing time' country."

My sister and her daughter recently passed through Roswell and she DID spy something in the sky during the early morning that she didn't know what it was.  She reacted the same way all those people in abduction scenarios reacted "What the hell is that?"  She did keep an eye on her watch and clock in the car...just in case she lost time.  :)

If you ever read Whitley Streiber's "Majestic" you'll get a godawful feeling about Texas skies (he recollects several abductions from his early years in Texas).  I don't recommend you read that book or his "Communion" alone at night.  :-\