Author Topic: FSD Down Under  (Read 7869 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
FSD Down Under
« on: September 23, 2006, 08:52:04 am »

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: FSD Down Under
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 09:28:30 am »
Gorgeous, awe-inspiring!  But what is Sheyne doing there?  Weren't you two supposed to swap continents?

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:38:11 am »
FANTASTIC!  So sweet of Celeste to deliver those rabid PT koalas back home personally.  xo
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 10:25:31 am »
What great pics!! Did U get some stranger to take them, or was there another Brokie there with you??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 11:35:39 am »
What great pics!! Did U get some stranger to take them, or was there another Brokie there with you??

As we drank in the exquisite beauty of one of the most stunning beaches in the world, a woman approached thinking we were a happy model couple and offered to photograph us in love.  She originally quoted $200 but settled for a guffaw from me and a scowl from the American visitor.

Gorgeous, awe-inspiring!  But what is Sheyne doing there?  Weren't you two supposed to swap continents?

Sheyne refused to leave the country without meeting Celeste so she cooked us dinner the night before she flew out.  We even met her Mum who displayed a definite interest in becoming a BetterMost member.  She suggested that she might make a great firefighter on the PT thread.  So impressed were C & I, we have vowed to sign our Mothers up too.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Cher

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 11:49:41 am »
So impressed were C & I, we have vowed to sign our Mothers up too.

Can my mother log on as well?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 01:44:40 pm by Cher »

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 12:24:16 pm »
I didn't get such a romantic shot when I was in Chicago!   >:(  You guys look great and I can imagine that you had a great time....

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 01:18:31 pm »
So that explains the Invasion of the Firefighters on the PT!  ;D

What marvelous pictures!  BetterMostians are the best lookin' folks in the world.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 01:58:50 pm »
Awesome pics!  What a great beach shot!

You guys are very photogenic!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 03:08:30 pm »
Agreed, the beach shot is awesome!
Great pix Celeste!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 03:22:45 pm »
Wow Celeste!! Thank you for those great pictures! Looks like you guys had a marvellous time!  :D

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 06:53:39 pm »
Am I jealous?  Nah..

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 08:45:04 pm »
I would be jealous BUT I am sitting at Juan's computer having just come from dinner with Juan, Dee, Theresa, Mika, Meryl, Pete and earlier Eric, John G, Sheyne and rt. I can't complain.

O0

Heathen

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 12:10:02 am »
Celeste,

That's a great picture of you and Ray.  No wonder someone thought you two were "happy model couple".  ;)

I would be jealous BUT I am sitting at Juan's computer having just come from dinner with Juan, Dee, Theresa, Mika, Meryl, Pete and earlier Eric, John G, Sheyne and rt. I can't complain.

O0
Ruby,

I am, of Celeste, you and anyone who went to any brokie gathering this weekend.  But my jealousy is easily cured by the pictures and reports shared.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 10:49:31 am »
Love the photos!!!!! I want to got to Oz!!!!

oooh!! and sheyne is now over in the US!!! All very exciting!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

brigadoon

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 06:26:13 am »
Am I jealous?  Nah..

Jealous? Pwaaaah (very French that!), ya ain't seen the beaches WE got here in Brittany! Only difference is that you see rain on them more than sunshine. And more people. Probably more Americans and Aussies than on that beach too!

So when're the two of you gettin' married? (heeheehee...)

PS: YES: Isobel, that's me: isabelle.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 07:47:19 am »
Jealous? Pwaaaah (very French that!), ya ain't seen the beaches WE got here in Brittany! Only difference is that you see rain on them more than sunshine. And more people. Probably more Americans and Aussies than on that beach too!

So when're the two of you gettin' married? (heeheehee...)

PS: YES: Isobel, that's me: isabelle.

Welcome back Isabelle!!! You really keep surprising us with your changing user-names...  ;D

brigadoon

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 04:23:33 pm »
You really keep surprising us with your changing user-names...  ;D

...Well, "Brigadoon" was really too corny, and Isobel is the closest I could come to my real name, and it's as Scottish as "Brigadoon", but (slightly) less corny.. No Ray, I never was mad at you for calling me "isobel" at first, although it does sound somewhat medieval, doesn't it? (Don't mind me, my new job IS wearing me out!)
And I can't use "Isabelle" anymore, cos it says it's already been taken; and don't I know it! I can't access that account any longer, but can't erase it either, and OMG I have lost ALL several hundreds of the PMs I kept lovingly, damn, damn, and blasted! So you'all better send me 10 each pretty quickly now...

How's that for an impersonation of Lashawn  ;D?

UPDATE: Our chief moderator Phillip has helped me out of this spot of bother, and now I will only use my "isabelle" account again!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 01:08:58 pm by isobel »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 09:35:35 pm »
First off, I didn't know you were going to Oz, Celeste! Wow. We brokies really get around, hunh? You all look great and I'll say I'm jealous. Who wouldn't be? The weather, the beach, the company. Only thing I'm not jealous of is the l-o-n-g flight over there and back.

Now as for Isabelle, welcome back!! Where have you been? Why can't you access your account anymore?? So great to see you and I'll send you a PM in just a minute!

J
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 12:31:17 am »
Well in a sense you are a couple, good friends, connected and that shows. The woman stopping by recognized it, for what ever her reason was, and a connection is a connection. There is no reigns and thinking outside the box are the same thing in my book.

But gawd almighty was that Cher's mom!? Scar-eeee!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Cher

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 01:01:22 pm »

But gawd almighty was that Cher's mom!? Scar-eeee!

Sure is ... I might lie about my natural hair color, but I don't lie about my mother!   ;D

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 09:32:54 am »
As we drank in the exquisite beauty of one of the most stunning beaches in the world, a woman approached thinking we were a happy model couple and offered to photograph us in love.  She originally quoted $200 but settled for a guffaw from me and a scowl from the American visitor.

Sheyne refused to leave the country without meeting Celeste so she cooked us dinner the night before she flew out.  We even met her Mum who displayed a definite interest in becoming a BetterMost member.  She suggested that she might make a great firefighter on the PT thread.  So impressed were C & I, we have vowed to sign our Mothers up too.

And I was very happy to have you guys over - even if it was a super-quick visit. Celeste is gorgeous and even though my son later commented on her "weird" voice.. lol, she was fabulous. I would have thought that Will would have been used to American accents from the many Pixar movies he devours but having someone talk like that in person apparently stumped him.  And as always, it was wonderful to see Ray... the first man to make me wish I were a gay man. *sigh*

;D
Chut up!