Author Topic: The L Word: Any fans out there?  (Read 85857 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The L Word: Any fans out there?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2006, 10:44:12 pm »
OK, so you can all laugh and point at me for only now discovering this lovely thread.  Yes, I'm a big L-word fan and I am out here (  :D ). 

I just received my season 3 DVDs from Amazon two weekends ago... and spent the whole weekend watching the whole season in two days!  Woohoo.  And, let me tell you, that was a fun weekend!  I was really surprised by the wedding too.  I really didn't think Shane would be so callous... even though she's a rebel and a loner, I never would have expected her to do something so hurtful to Carmen.  Shane's my favorite character, by the way (well, Shane and Alice are my two favorites), so I was especially sad to see this storyline take the negative turn.  I think Carmen's great too.

Thanks for the great thread!
 :-*
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2006, 09:33:28 pm »
I am still in love with Moira...chagrined that she's now Max...but at least she ain't dead!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2006, 03:12:54 am »
Hey!

Amanda ~  Great to see you here!  One more LW lover, woohoo!!
I agree, my mouth was hanging open when Shane dumped Carmen like that.  I can't wait for Season 4!
I am also going to order my season 1-3 collection pack when I return home from holidays!  That should be fun! 
Hope to see more of you here Amanda!  :D

Lee
~ Moira was one of my faves too.  But as Max, I can't quite relate to her/him the same way any more.  :( He and Jenny aren't doing good either .. so I guess the transition to manhood isn't quite smooth-sailing for her.

Gotta love these women!  8)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2006, 10:15:03 pm »
Heya Buds!   :-*  Thanks for the nice welcome.

Yeah, Moira/ Max is a difficult topic.  S/he is becoming increasingly difficult as the transition goes along.  The aggression towards Jenny is definitly not OK.  I actually really liked Kit's little lecture to Max... Do you know what I'm talking about here?  I felt like I was really agreeing with Kit.  But, I know that all these issues are incredibly complex.  I'm all for Max becoming who he really is, but it's disappointing to get a glimpse at some of his attitudes towards women... and his pretty conventional aspirations (or so it seems).  I don't think this has anything to do with Max being a transexual...  my dismay at the attitudes would apply to anyone.  As far as Jenny's concerned... I think she really needs to get out of this relationship.  She's a lesbian (or at least that seems to be what she's discovered over all of these episodes) and doesn't need to be/ shouldn't be put back into the role of heterosexual woman (which is what would happen if she sticks with Max through the whole process).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 03:28:48 pm by atz75 »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2006, 02:36:51 pm »
I agree with your points Amanda.

I figure Jenny was sticking around to see Max through this difficult time he was going through, but she can't continue the romantic relationship because he will eventually be a man and she will still be a lesbian, so that part is complicated.  Also, Max became increasingly aggressive, angry etc as his hormone treatments continued .. One occasion that stands out in mind is the day after the party Jenny organized for him (to raise money for his surgery), he really scared her with his near-violent outburst.  I just figured that relationship was basically over at that point.  Also, I agree with what you said about Max's conversation with Kit.  I found myself agreeing with her completely .. but Max obviously didn't see things her way.

As season 3 drew to a close, I also found myself worrying about Alice (especially after Dana's passing) ..Bette and Tina's dispute over lil Angelica .. Shane and Carmen (obviously) .. There are so many issues to address in season 4, I can't wait!!  ;)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2006, 11:43:05 pm »
I just bought ALL FIVE seasons of "Queer qas Folk"....let me catch my breath (they haven't arricved yet). I've worn the pixels off the Youtube videos...

We don't get Showtime...maybe have to do something about that.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2006, 02:07:58 am »
I just gotta do da Bump!  Our ladies are buried under all kinds of threads ..  :P

Gotta take this to the top with one very sexy lady ..  8)

Moira!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2007, 11:23:25 pm »
Bumping with pics is always fun!  :D ;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2007, 06:38:22 pm »

Damn right, Amanda!

No word yet on when Season 4 will air on Showcase channel  here!
What on earth are they waiting for?? ?? ??  ??? ??? lol..

The 3-season DVD pack is STILL on my wishlist, but I am working on it!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2007, 12:48:25 am »
Have you checked out Amazon?  They have a pretty good deal on the season 3 set.  That's where I got mine.  :)  Can't wait to hear more about season 4 too!