Author Topic: Favorite "Love" Scene  (Read 7004 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Favorite "Love" Scene
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 11:26:55 pm »
Spooky, in addition to being a hottie, you are fiendishly clever in picking scenes to choose.

Since I could only pick one, I went with Tent #2, but it was awfully difficult not to pick any of the last four on the list.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 12:16:39 am »
Ennis's face, in the first and second tent scene...that...man..doesn't..miss...a beat...again, I love them all so much, but the first tent scene..da hab ich meine Freude auch daran...O.K. Ennis's face in the SECOND tent scene...that guy is incredible (i KNOW, WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE TALKING ABOUT LOVE SCENES, BUT, isn't Ledger acting like a man in the grip of irrisistable passion? And the flashback scene..that's really my favorite..of all. WHY IS "LOVE" IN QUOTATION MARKS?

That's for sure! Julie, I always like your jpgs, but this has to be the best collection yet.

It was a very hard choice. All of them are so delightful. I finally had to go with reunion scene because it is so purely happy in a movie that is short on moments of pure happiness ...

Also, maybe it's just my Ennisophilia showing, but "you know it could be like this, just like this, always" scene I personally would describe as "prayer of thanks" scene.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 09:52:32 am »
I voted for 2nd tent Scene but it was tough cos it and reunion kiss are probably on par!
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

TJ

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 03:04:53 pm »
The line "Come on now, you're sleepin' on your feet like a horse" was not really in a "love scene" in the original story, it was Ennis showing natural affection to Jack as a friend who was being like a parent to Jack who was probably more than 8 inches shorter than Ennis.

Ennis. "Hell, that's the most I've spoke in a year." That line comes in the first evening after Ennis and Jack have traded places up on Brokeback Mountain. It was quite a while before they actually slept together in the tent, which happened well into the Summer of 1963.

Offline korgriff

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 09:00:10 pm »
Had to go with the second tent scene.  I love the electricity between them. 
"....you got a better idea?" Ennis Del Mar
"I did once." Jack Twist

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 06:03:28 pm »
I went with Tent #2 -- Ennis entering the tent, hat in hand... so incredibly vulnerable, not knowing what to expect -- would Jack tell him to get lost?  Laugh at him.  Roll over and ignore him...  Then the childlike bliss on his face as Jack responds.

Doesn't take away from the fact that the Reunion scene is the hottest screen kiss in history.

God!  I love these boys!!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 03:06:47 am »
"You'll run them sheep off again if you don't quiet down." Definately. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 10:39:17 am »
"Come on now, you're sleepin' on your feet like a horse." That beautiful scene will remain with me for the rest of my days.  :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν