Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2119547 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2006, 12:05:04 am »
Current Weather in Indianapolis: Starry and Clear   Temp: 58 F (15 C)
My Current Mood: Happy

Of course most of you know that I am working at home right now because of my leg. After I continued to have problems uploading the files to the server at work today, I tried to print out my work just in case the problem persisted later on. Well, my printer was completely out of ink. So, I took a quick shower and then drove up to Best Buy to get some more ink for this  stupid printer of mine. But, just as I was walking into the store, I noticed I had put my shirt on inside out.

Well, I guess I was in a big hurry to get out of the store, because once I got back home I realized I bought the wrong kind of ink. They now put numbers on the box instead of names and I bought a #18 when I should have bought a #28. So, I sent my roommate back to the store to exchange it. After he returned, I asked him to install the new ink cartridge for me. When he pulled the old ink cartridge out of the printer he noticed it still had the little strip of tape on the bottom of it. I guess I forgot to remove the tape when I put it in the printer the last time.

I'm not really sure what the moral to this story is. Maybe there isn't one. But before I make make another mad dash to the electronics store wearing an inside out Polo shirt, I'll make sure I check my printer first.

It's been one of those days.

But have you ever noticed how much everything has changed in the past 25 years? Back in high school, I wrote to a dozen penpals all over the world (all guys of course). My two favorite penpals lived in Australia and France. Didier lived in Brittany France and Peter lived in Melbourne Australia. Didier was an avid soccer player (which makes me wonder about something else: What does American Football have to do with feet? Why do we call it football? The only time they use their feet is when they are kicking the ball. The rest of the time they are holding the ball under their arms and running with it. But I digress) and Peter wasn't all that athletic, but he was a really nice guy. I was writing to all these people back in the 1970's. When I sent a letter to one of them, I would have to actually WRITE the letter, put it in an envelope, take it to the post office and mail it. Then, it would take 3 or 4 weeks before I received a letter back from them. My letter would take a week or two to reach them, and their letter would take another week or two before it arrived here. Peter (my friend in Australia) and I were quite creative. Not only did we write letters, we would record our voices on a tape recorder and mail the cassette along with the letter. We thought we were really high tech! I guess back then it was fairly high tech. We would tape our voices and include all the different songs we enjoyed. We sent tapes back and forth to each other for years.

Now, we can send letters (email), pictures and songs to each other in a matter of seconds, and it doesn't make any difference if the person lives down the street or across several oceans. I suppose anyone under the age of 25 wouldn't find this amazing, but I do. Here on Bettermost, we post back and forth to each other as if we were all sitting in the same room.

I just started thinking about this today and it really surprised me how fast things change. I wonder what the technology will be like 20 years from now?  I doubt if it will matter much. I probably won't be able to figure it out anyway!

I have a hard time figuring it out now.   ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2006, 12:07:16 am »
I went to town one time with two different tennis shoes on...  :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2006, 12:17:48 am »
I went to town one time with two different tennis shoes on...  :P

Well Jess, unless you were around a bunch of gay men (or perhaps a woman) nobody probably even noticed your shoes.

Did they?

Of course, shoes are the very first thing I look at when I see somebody.

(Unless it happens to be a cute guy. In that situation, I check out his ass first, THEN his shoes).

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2006, 12:22:16 am »
wow me to david ! nothing like a hot booty !
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2006, 12:35:34 am »
wow me to david ! nothing like a hot booty !

You got that right Wulfar.   :)

Offline wulfar360

• myspace
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2006, 12:41:17 am »
some day ill have  a hot booty to make allthe boys drool but with my jeans atm you cant see any kind butt im told =/ least that is whta the females at work say
but
more and more these days
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2006, 01:09:02 am »
Yeah Guys there's nothing like some hot booties. :o 

" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline wulfar360

• myspace
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2006, 01:09:47 am »
gah they say crack kills those bout killed  me !
but
more and more these days
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2006, 01:14:28 am »
Yeah Guys there's nothing like some hot booties. :o 

WOW!   :o

Maybe we should have invited them to our Full Moon Celebration the other night.

There's definately four bad moons on the rise at that counter.   :P

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2006, 01:15:37 am »
I'm sorry Rich I thought you would like them! It's amazing how many guys you do see like that out there. I just found this picture funny because they all have their cracks showing.
Imagine if you were having lunch in a table directly behind them! It would be hard not to laugh. :laugh: :laugh:
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "