Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2145988 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2006, 01:17:31 am »
Wow David,  too bad we didn't invite them cause they would of been a hit at our celebration!
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2006, 01:32:26 am »
I'm sorry Rich I thought you would like them! It's amazing how many guys you do see like that out there. I just found this picture funny because they all have their cracks showing.
Imagine if you were having lunch in a table directly behind them! It would be hard not to laugh. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not sure if I would laugh or get sick.

They should know better than sit down at a lunch counter lookling like that.  :P

At least they could pull their britches up first... or pull their shirt down.

Something. Anything.

Hey. Those moons have cracks in them.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 01:58:23 am by David925 »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2006, 01:53:01 am »
I went to town one time with two different tennis shoes on...  :P

Thats funny. The worse that ever happened to me was I put on a pair of white cotton capries straight out of a hot dryer and went to Walmart. While we were shopping my daughter gasped and started laughing and pointing at my backside,. Come to find out I had a pair of panties stuck to the backside of my pants that were also in the dryer. That static cling thing. How embarrassing. But at least they were clean!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 12:40:52 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline rick

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2006, 02:09:34 am »
Must of been embarrassing knowing that everyone was stareing at your behind for all the wrong reasons. :o

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2006, 08:08:29 am »
David, your reflections of having the pen pals and how long it used to take for the mail, compared to today, with emails and chat, brought back something i remember....

It was about 20-25 years ago, I was working for a finance company in sydney, and I remember one of the bosses telling me that the banks were working on some machine that would maybe sit outside a bank, where we could deposit and withdraw money.

Huh! I thought.....well, maybe it would be possible to deposit money, but I thought, how the hell could we withdraw.....who was gonna be able to check our signature........of course then, there was not even the thought of PIN numbers......now we just take all that for granted...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #205 on: October 08, 2006, 08:18:03 am »
I just started a thread in the "Anthng Goes" forum, called New Inventions in our Lifetime.....

thought it would be interesting to find out other stuff that people have thought was too good to be true, but now we just take for granted....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2006, 01:50:46 pm »
I just started a thread in the "Anthng Goes" forum, called New Inventions in our Lifetime.....

thought it would be interesting to find out other stuff that people have thought was too good to be true, but now we just take for granted....

Sue, I'll go over and check out your new thread. I'm sure I could think of all kinds of things.

Thanks for your post, and thanks in advance for starting that new thread.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #207 on: October 08, 2006, 05:08:12 pm »
Hi David and everyone!  ;D

I've been working on some things for a new MySpace group and thought you might like to have some more Indiana-related items on your thread!  LOL, I've been up all night and most of today writing and grabbing images. 

I haven't had time to read all the earlier posts so please forgive me if I have duplicated thoughts or images already posted above.  If you find any mistakes, someone please let me know.  :o

Here is a map showing Indiana (IN) in relationship to the rest of the continental U.S.  The blue line is U.S. Highway 40 which passes directly through downtown Indianapolis as “Washington Street” and crosses the country.  “40” is also known as the “old national road” or “American’s Golden Highway”.  The small town I grew up in is located on "40" and as a child I had to cross the four-lane highway to pick up the mail. 

Indiana is considered one of the Great Lakes States though less than 50 miles of it’s northwest corner are bordered by Lake Michigan.
http://www.greatlakesnorthamerica.co.uk/map/index.html

Yes, Indiana has beaches, forests and some hilly terrain, but no mountains.

Here's a random fun shot, courtesy of the Indiana Beach website.

This is Indiana Beach, located in Monticello Indiana on Lake Shafer.

As you may remember, I work for Indiana University.  Specifically IUPUI, so here are some IU-related items:

Here is an aerial shot of the main IU campus, located in Bloomington Indiana.  IU was established in approximately 1820 and has some beautiful old buildings.

IU is comprised of eight campuses scattered throughout the state, and I work at the “commuter campus” named Indiana University – Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI).  IUPUI’s extension campus is located at Columbus Indiana, so technically there are nine campuses.

IUPUI was created in 1969 and is (as paraphrased from Wikipedia) the urban research campus of Indiana University located in Indianapolis, Indiana. IUPUI offers undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees from both Indiana University and Purdue University. 

This is our team logo.  I hope it's not too large - don't be scared. 
Meet Jinx the Jaguar.  *ROWR!*

IUPUI is bound on three sides by water and is now expanding northward past 10th Street/Fall Creek.  This map is not the most up-to-date so it doesn't show the new law school or Herron School of Art.

This is the Rotary Building, my favorite campus building.

This is an artists’ drawing of the new campus student center, which is currently  under construction.

Congrats on your thread!  Take care.
~Larz

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #208 on: October 08, 2006, 06:40:36 pm »
I'm sorry Rich I thought you would like them! It's amazing how many guys you do see like that out there. I just found this picture funny because they all have their cracks showing.
Imagine if you were having lunch in a table directly behind them! It would be hard not to laugh. :laugh: :laugh:

if it was hm jake i would like them  those na thanks ill pass if they sat infront of me id move :-\
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #209 on: October 08, 2006, 06:53:16 pm »
David -

I wasn't sure if I could face your board today because my beloved Colts almost blew it! But since they pulled out a win, I can face my fellow Hoosiers and others with a smile on my face!

The day is beautiful here! I am guessing it is even more so in Indy. Nothing is more breathtaking than seeing the blue sky against the changing leaves. But what I understand .... this beauty will be short lived. Apparently rain and snow mix is expected by the end of this week. Hmmmmm .... it's so great living in Indiana!  :-\
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."