Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2145411 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2006, 09:35:49 pm »
David~

Beautiful pictures! So that's what you were doing in chat on the harvest moon night? You said you were letting Cody out.
 The moon is a perfect Halloween moon! I can just imagine a witch on her broom flying in front of it. Hey look! Theres one now!    Yes that's your moon!

Geri         

Yeah Geri. I had to let Cody outside four or five times that night remember? Everytime I got up to let him out, I was afraid I would miss the surprise party! I went out in the backyard with Cody though and took that picture while I was outside with him. I only wish I could have found my tripod. The moon was beautiful that night.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2006, 09:39:40 pm »
Actually, David, those more delicate purples and blues (not usually seen in sunset pictures) accord very well with the finely cut foliage in the silhouettes of the trees.  Those are nice pictures!  I can still remember my wonderful grade school art teacher in Indianapolis, Mr Peters, telling us that a work of art never comes out exactly as you intend.  And that you can come to be grateful that it did not.

I also like the sequence of two pictures, so you can see how the upper level and lower level clouds were blowing in different directions in the time in between - suggesting motion like the individual frames of a kinetoscope.

And what about the fact that the second picture is aimed a little lower, which enhances the effect of gathering darkness?  Probably unintended, but once you recognize something like that in your creation you are ususally happy that it came out that way.

Thanks for the compliments Andrew! Just between you and me, I used the incorrect light meter when I took those pictures. Like I said, I ran outside and grabbed the camera in a hurry. I didn't set the camera properly before I snapped them. But, I did like the way they turned out. The sunset was really beautiful that night.   :D

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • myspace
« Reply #292 on: October 14, 2006, 09:46:30 pm »
i love moon gazing  when its full and bright  just make me happy ;D
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #293 on: October 14, 2006, 09:57:55 pm »
That is a great idea Andrew, because these kinds of things happen to David ALL the time, not only on Friday the 13th....

Will you tell them about the time you got stuck on your roof because of a cat?

:)

Melissa!  :o

You're a trip, girl!  :)

I think she is talking about the time I got stuck on the roof just before Cory and I went up to Lake Wawasee.

As I was pulling up in front of my house, I thought I saw my cat on the roof. I was worried about him up there because we were having a heat wave. I propped the ladder against the house and climbed up to the roof so I could rescue the cat. Something knocked over the ladder while I was up there and I couldn't get back down. Cory wasn't home and after sitting up there for a long time I started to get very hot, so I took off my shirt, wrapped it around my hand and broke the bedroom window so I could get back in my house. A few minutes later, some sparrows flew into the house and crapped all over the place. Anyway, Cory came home, fixed the window and we caught and released the birds. I don't know WHAT I saw up there on the roof.  Oreo the cat was inside the house the whole time.

I have a tendency to be a little accident prone sometimes. <blush>

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #294 on: October 14, 2006, 10:00:41 pm »
i love moon gazing  when its full and bright  just make me happy ;D

I could too! I love to moon/star gaze!   :D

A nice comfortable blanket spread across the grass, some friends, a bottle of wine and a good telescope... that's all it takes!

Offline wulfar360

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon
    • myspace
« Reply #295 on: October 14, 2006, 10:06:18 pm »
<SIGH> david sounds good wish i could find a  guy to  go star /moon gazing  with me sometime
Sometimes it all still feels like a mass of dots               
but
more and more these days
I feel like we're all connected
and it's beautiful   
and funny
and good.

Aaron Davis Latter Days

"Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are  not"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #296 on: October 14, 2006, 10:08:44 pm »
Hey David, would you like to organize a chat on Halloween? Actually I prefer to call it by an earlier name: Hallowmass. See U there!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #297 on: October 14, 2006, 10:35:12 pm »
Hey David, would you like to organize a chat on Halloween? Actually I prefer to call it by an earlier name: Hallowmass. See U there!!

Does it have to be on Halloween night? Could we do it the night before, or the night after Halloween?

A good friend of mine from London, England will be visiting me during Halloween, and the two of us, along with about 25 other people were going to go to the bars on Halloween night (after the trick or treaters stop coming to the house).

We are going downtown and par-TAY honey, and by the time the night is over, they'll be giving Indianapolis a whole new name.

Fagapolis.

Homoapolis.

... or something like that.  :-\

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #298 on: October 15, 2006, 01:59:53 am »
David~
 I had to break down my computer tonight to go DJ a party. If you check back on #296 I made you a surprise! As soon as I log out all my pictures disappear because they are saved pictures. Didn't you see my witch?? :'(
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2006, 02:36:16 am »
David~
 I had to break down my computer tonight to go DJ a party. If you check back on #296 I made you a surprise! As soon as I log out all my pictures disappear because they are saved pictures. Didn't you see my witch?? :'(

Geri...

I saw your witch, but I didn't notice it was my moon (even though you said it was my moon). I'm sorry Geri!

That is really good! Thanks for posting it!   :D