Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2119987 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2006, 04:22:20 pm »
Septicemia is a serious, life-threatening infection that gets worse very quickly. It can arise from infections throughout the body, including infections in the lungs, abdomen, and urinary tract. It may come before or at the same time as infections of the bone (osteomyelitis ), central nervous system (meningitis ), or other tissues

OMG!! I guess we are really lucky that you survived this!   Sounds frightening! ! The rest of the article gets even worse!  Sorry to read that you had to go through that David.
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2006, 04:24:01 pm »
fine! there goes my Christmas plans.....

*Jess scratching off septicemia off her wish list*

Yeah, you don't want septicemia Jess.

I'd rather kiss Rudolph in the mouth.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2006, 04:39:25 pm »
Yeah, you don't want septicemia Jess.

I'd rather kiss Rudolph in the mouth.

I can arrange that!!

(with a nod to Han Solo)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2006, 04:54:09 pm »
Goodness, playing catch-up here, so sorry you had to endure septicemia, that is terrible, glad you will be okay.

Hope it is a sunny and warm in your world as it is here today, a beautiful fall day. Love your pics of Indianapolis, I have been around it several times. Next time though, I'll stop.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2006, 05:50:24 pm »
I'm popping around threads, being glad the site is back up and -- yikes, David! I didn't know you had septicemia (and didn't know what it was). Sounds awful, and I'm glad you're all right.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

injest

« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2006, 07:05:29 pm »
I'm popping around threads, being glad the site is back up and -- yikes, David! I didn't know you had septicemia (and didn't know what it was). Sounds awful, and I'm glad you're all right.

well he IS getting over the septicemia....but that don't mean he is all right!  :-\

(just humor him...we find it is just easier that way...and don't make any sudden movements....)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2006, 07:52:33 pm »
Current Weather in Indianapolis: Sunny and Clear  Temp: 77 F (25 C)
My Current Mood: Happy but tired
:D

If you don't have the courage to come out of the closet, at least have the wisdom to furnish it comfortably.

That doesn't make any sense, does it?   :-\

I finally got out of my house today and drove my car for the first time in months! I started by driving around my block a few times. Once I worked up a little more nerve, I drove down to Greenwood Park Mall, braving all the hoo-ha ha, hee-ha ha, bedlam and mayhem from the crazed weekend shoppers. God. It looked like Christmas Eve over there. I guess everyone felt like getting out of their houses too, just like I did. I mean, how many more sunny warm Sundays do we have left before winter comes? I quickly turned around and drove home. I wasn't planning on shopping or getting out of the car anyway. I just felt like testing out this leg of mine.

Some friends showed up today to watch the football game (yuck) and we all watched the Indianapolis Colts win against New York 21-18 (or something like that). Indianapolis is now 4-0. I really could care less about football, but I was happy to see them win. Basketball is my game and I can't wait for basketball season to start! I hope the Indiana Pacers play better this year. Last year was just short of a disaster for them. Ever since we lost Reggie Miller (he retired), the team hasn't been playing very well. I also miss Rik Smits. He was from the Netherlands and people use to call him "The Dunking Dutchman".

http://aol.nba.com/playerfile/rik_smits/bio.html

The Pacers don't have the great players they use to. I hope they get a hold of some or we'll be in big trouble again this year.

I was worried earlier today we were about to lose our little home here at Bettermost. A few of us met over at Dave Cullen though and we even struck up a conversation with a few DC members. It was nice, but I like it much better here. I'm sure many Bettermostians were as concerned as I was. Kudos to Phillip, John and the others for getting the website back up and running again!  :D

It's comforting to know the website is in capable hands.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2006, 07:55:01 pm »
I can arrange that!!

(with a nod to Han Solo)

Well, I'll pass on kissing the reindeer, but I sure wouldn't mind kissing Han Solo!   :-*

Thanks for all the concern about my leg. I'm going to be okay.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2006, 08:03:12 pm »
Goodness, playing catch-up here, so sorry you had to endure septicemia, that is terrible, glad you will be okay.

Hope it is a sunny and warm in your world as it is here today, a beautiful fall day. Love your pics of Indianapolis, I have been around it several times. Next time though, I'll stop.

Please do! We'd love it if you would stop and visit us the next time you are in the area!  :D

injest

« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2006, 11:37:54 pm »
Dang...I done took a wrong turn! I was going to answer a post about a saleslady>>>

maybe it was in the car thread

*Jess tiptoes back out*