Author Topic: CARS  (Read 13899 times)

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
Re: CARS
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 01:52:28 am »
I drive a 2005 Toyota Camry which is very hard to pay for when you're unemployed *lol*  But it drives like a dream and lasts forever!  My husband drives a 1994 Infiniti G20.
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 05:55:14 am »
, I would be interested especially those Brokies outside the US.

Germany here. I drive a 2000 Opel Zafira. In GB, Opel is called Vauxhall, don't know about the US (I believe they belong to General Motors ?). The Zafira is a compact van, or so called 'mini-van'.
It's basis, it's chassis frame, is that of another Opel modell: the Astra station wagon. So it's dimensions are not as big as a ususal van.
It has up to 7 seats. Two of them can be stowed away into the floor/bottom of the car, so you get a flat cargo area just like in every station wagon.
I love my car, because it is not as huge as a van, but I often need more than 5 seats. I have three children of my own and often have to drive mine plus friends of them.
It's a practical car and also beautiful. Mine is dark blue.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 06:17:12 am »
I have three at the moment.   

A 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser limited "Woody" for my daily driver.

A 1980 Chrysler LeBaron 5th Avenue limited.  A rare prototype.  Only 654 were made in LeBaron trim.

And a huge 1980 Dodge St.Regis sedan.  The last full-size Dodges made here in the States.

I have always liked big American cars.   I have owned many older Cadillacs too.    But with the price of gasoline now, the big cars only get driven occassionally.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2006, 10:52:54 pm »
I have three at the moment.   

A 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser limited "Woody" for my daily driver.

A 1980 Chrysler LeBaron 5th Avenue limited.  A rare prototype.  Only 654 were made in LeBaron trim.

And a huge 1980 Dodge St.Regis sedan.  The last full-size Dodges made here in the States.

I have always liked big American cars.   I have owned many older Cadillacs too.    But with the price of gasoline now, the big cars only get driven occassionally.

David

Looks like your a Chrysler man. The 5th Avenure should get decent hwy milege, they usually put tall rear end ratios in those.

Mark
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 11:50:55 pm by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

injest

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2006, 11:38:59 pm »
ok I have lost my mind!

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 11:52:05 pm »
I got my pics up on the first post'
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 08:00:35 am »
Afraid its not very exciting but i drive a red renault clio expression - an 03.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 08:58:07 am »
David

Looks like your a Chrysler man. The 5th Avenure should get decent hwy milege, they usually put tall rear end ratios in those.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, I am a closeted Mopar guy I guess!!!  Ha ha ha!     I am one of the few in the Lambda car club.

I did drive the LeBaron 5th Avenue up to Maine to have lunch with Leslie (Mainewriter).   I got almost 24 mpg on the trip because it was all highway and I had the A/C off.     Around town those 2 big cars get 13-15 mpg.    not great, but on par with todays new SUVs and pickup trucks.   

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 09:24:53 am »
Hi ya, yet another Aussie.  This is just an artist's rendition, but my current car is a Subaru WRX, before that was a Nissan Pulsar, then a Holden Gemini, and finally a Morris Minor.

He, he, I love my current car.  Good looking and AWD, it's a better driver than I am!
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 02:49:55 pm »
Nissan Sentra here, just enought to get me where I am going without burning too much gas. Speaking of which is it dropping in your area? Here a gal. of regular is $1.97. My apologies to the rest of the world that is on the metric system, and pays more for gas in general.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:23:52 pm by shakestheground »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."