Author Topic: Where were you in the Great Blackout of 2006?  (Read 9246 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Where were you in the Great Blackout of 2006?
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 06:50:13 am »
I actually kept myself good & busy:

I've got a computer game (Civ IV) that I played till I got tired & took a midday nap, had a late lunch while watching a DVD copy of West Wing episode(s) and, returned to my game.

True, I would sometimes check to see if BetterMost was back up, but the thought of checking out IMDb did not even cross my mind. I had full confidence that THE problem would eventually come to an end (and if ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it)
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 07:43:55 am »
Is there a way to log into the chat other than clicking on the red lips? I was at the chat when the system went down and was booted out from it as soon as it crashed. I could not come back because there was no way I could access Bettermost main page.

I clicked on history and was able to get the url from there....but chat was down too  :-\

injest

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 07:47:21 am »
I actually kept myself good & busy:

I've got a computer game (Civ IV) that I played till I got tired & took a midday nap, had a late lunch while watching a DVD copy of West Wing episode(s) and, returned to my game.

True, I would sometimes check to see if BetterMost was back up, but the thought of checking out IMDb did not even cross my mind. I had full confidence that THE problem would eventually come to an end (and if ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it)

Roland is a STANDER!  :o :-X :-X :-X

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 04:11:42 pm »
Roland is a STANDER!  :o :-X :-X :-X

But Jess you already knew that! I've always identified with Ennis' world view.

Aint for nothin' that I've always said "I love everything Ennis" - been my sig line until a while age when I changed it to "I still love everything Ennis"

Why - are you a fixer?! Hunh? or maybe you're of the "part fixer" /"part stander" kinda person?
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 08:32:15 pm »
But Jess you already knew that! I've always identified with Ennis' world view.

Aint for nothin' that I've always said "I love everything Ennis" - been my sig line until a while age when I changed it to "I still love everything Ennis"

Why - are you a fixer?! Hunh? or maybe you're of the "part fixer" /"part stander" kinda person?

heck yeah I am a fixer!! someone's gotta go behind ya'll standers!!

injest

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 08:33:43 pm »
Roland...

:P :P :P

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 11:18:01 am »
I was supposedly getting work done, but in the meantime I posted a worried message on my LJ, and then started a refugee thread on Dave Cullen's board, and kept checking Meryl's thread on IMDb...

And then finally finished my work and sat down to watch "Finding Nemo" with my three-year-old. (This the second movie we've tried to watch. I tried to watch "The Wizard of Oz" with him about four months ago, but he decided the Wicked Witch was scary. We barely got to the title screen of "Finding Nemo" before he got really upset that "the fish lost his friend."  I didn't tell him that that was Nemo's mommy that got eaten by the big scary fish... he was traumatized enough by the idea of the fish losing his friend.)

I'm glad he's empathizing. And I'm glad that videos exist, so I can test them out on him at home.

We'll probably wait for another six months before we try another movie. Or maybe I'll see if there are even less scary things out there.

Hey Mel, literally the only movie we've found for our daughter so far ( now 3 1/2) is The Jungle Book.  Fantastic music for Mommy.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 12:53:59 pm »
Hey Mel, literally the only movie we've found for our daughter so far ( now 3 1/2) is The Jungle Book.  Fantastic music for Mommy.

When my younger son was that age, he wanted to watch "Snow White" over and over and over and ...

Since then, I've had many occasions to miss those days.  :-\

My personal favorites were The Lion King, Pocahontas and Mulan (in that order). Oh, and the Iron Giant -- I loved that one (it's a little scarier, though).

Oops. Here we are hijacking yet another thread to talk about our kids (and I just finished doing the same on the Ramona thread).  ::)

moremojo

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 02:04:30 pm »
My personal favorites were The Lion King, Pocahontas and Mulan (in that order). Oh, and the Iron Giant -- I loved that one (it's a little scarier, though).
I just have to comment that Pocahontas is my favorite of the newer batch (beginning with The Little Mermaid) of Disney animated features. There is a level of maturity of theme and treatment here that the others don't quite attain, and I think the musical score is truly beautiful.

Okay, regular thread can resume now...