Author Topic: Happy Brokeback DVD Day!  (Read 6597 times)

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
Re: Happy Brokeback DVD Day!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 10:57:07 am »
So, I am currently watching "On Being a Cowboy" - I finally have my very own copy of the dvd!  And, just to let everyone know, those who thought that the Canadian cover would be different, which I didn't think would happen, it's true.  We have that cover with the picture of the Oscar on the front.  I was so excited when I saw it on the shelf that I grabbed the first copy I reached and went to the cash.  I realized at the last minute that I had grabbed the Fullscreen edition - horror!  I exchanged it before paying.  And the woman who sold it to me asked if I had seen it in the theater, and I had to suppress a laugh and just said "yeah".  She asked if I liked it and I told her it was the best movie of 2005 and probably my favourite movie ever.  I didn't tell her that I was officially insane though.

Oh my.  I just saw footage of Jake riding a mechanical bull.  I may have to rewind that!
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 02:43:56 pm »
Went to Tower Records on my lunch hour. Three guys in front of me, two behind me and they all are buying BBM.  It's almost out, I guess they will replenish the front. 

I was just returning a movie, already have the BBM divdm.  The best extra is the interview with the screenwriters.  Do hope in a deluxe edition they have a sit-down with Anne Proux and alot more features.  I guess that won't be till summertime. 

Enjoyed seeing Anne Hathaway in the ( I believe it's titled)  Making of a Cowboy short.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 02:48:11 pm »
A coworker went to WalMart on lunch and she said it's $16.88 and it doesn't look like any are even missing from the stand. That's fine, more for me!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 02:49:43 pm »
 ???umm some of us have to wait until we get home from work to see if by chance the mailman delivered it today (I hope, I hope!!) so please have a little compassion for we who are salivating till 4:00pm to fly home and check - lol ;D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 02:50:45 pm »
Waiting impatiently for UPS or someone from the mail room to bring me mine! Don't MAKE me go over there and get it...

Heathen

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 02:57:46 pm »
Happy BBM DVD Day Indeed! Ooohh, I feel like it's my birthday, I really do  ;D (but it's Heath's, Happy BDay Heath)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 03:19:26 pm »
After 20 times in the theater, it feels so strange watching it in my living room.  I am loving every minute of it, but there's nothing like the theater experience.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline reannawrites

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • I'm a brokie and proud of it!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 04:41:37 pm »
I won't get mine till May but I still would like to wish you all:

A very very very Happy Brokeback DVD Day!!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)   :-X  :-X  :-X  ;D  ;D  ;D

Happy Viewing guys...

Lots of love to all,
Reanna  :angel:
I had a lovers quarrel with the world - Robert Frost.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 04:50:51 pm »
Oh my god! MAY! :o You poor, poor woman! Living without being able to watch BBM in your own home until May! I was being all moany just because I have an extra 20 days to wait, but you have put me back into propotion, so thank you. :-*

May will come faster than you expect, when in may does it come out? I am sure to celebrate the realease when it comes out we could all have a third DVD party for you. I am actually in the process of begging the guys to put back their viewing party, but I am not sure they will put it back till May!

You hang on in there! ;)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 05:07:51 pm »
I won't get mine till May but I still would like to wish you all:

A very very very Happy Brokeback DVD Day!!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)   :-X  :-X  :-X  ;D  ;D  ;D

Happy Viewing guys...

Lots of love to all,
Reanna  :angel:

Reanna, you have a lot of grace.