Author Topic: Women in combat  (Read 4430 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Women in combat
« on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:39 pm »
I'm going to go along with Ms. Russo.  If a woman can pass the same physical levels required of the men, then she can join in front line combat.  If she can't, then I think she should serve in some other capacity.  Front line combat soldiers are basically walking muscle.  And if women can't measure up, they shouldn't be added into squads just because it's a law.

Claire Russo, a former Marine lieutenant who served in Iraq and later was an advisor to U.S. forces in Afghanistan, said she believes few women would be able to meet the rigorous physical fitness levels required for troops toting heavy equipment and going after enemies at close range.
"I don't see any positive in putting women in the infantry, in combat arms, just for the sake of doing it," she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110121/pl_nm/us_usa_military_women;_ylt=AgHEb_EpTs.JiC38ggql7Dlv24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTNpbDFmMmw1BGFzc2V0Ay9zL25tLzIwMTEwMTIxL3BsX25tL3VzX3VzYV9taWxpdGFyeV93b21lbgRjY29kZQNtcF9lY184XzEwBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDNARzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3dvbWVuc29sZGllcg--