Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599549 times)

mvansand76

Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1070 on: December 21, 2006, 03:54:11 pm »
This chapter really felt like closure, Amy, for me as a reader at least. Jack and Ennis are together and they are happy together. Thank you for this wonderful final chapter! I will write more feedback tomorrow.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1071 on: December 21, 2006, 05:11:35 pm »
I haven't read the chapter yet Amy... for two reasons.

I was busy running around town all morning and I don't want the story to end!  :'(

I just wonder how long I can hold out though. Another hour? Maybe two. Who knows, but I figure as long as I don't read the final chapter, SoG is still a work in progress, which is what I like because I really have learned to look forward to Thursdays now because of your wonderful story!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #1072 on: December 21, 2006, 05:22:33 pm »
I haven't read the chapter yet Amy... for two reasons.

I was busy running around town all morning and I don't want the story to end!  :'(

I just wonder how long I can hold out though. Another hour? Maybe two. Who knows, but I figure as long as I don't read the final chapter, SoG is still a work in progress, which is what I like because I really have learned to look forward to Thursdays now because of your wonderful story!  :)

Go on, read it, I wanna discuss it with you!  :-*

Offline angry little lawyer

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1073 on: December 22, 2006, 12:08:39 am »
Awww..the ending was so great! I loved that Ennis got Jack to believe in them! I'm sad its over but so glad they got together in the end!  ;D
If I take that aspirin....then I took it
-The Wisdom of 12 oz. Mouse

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1074 on: December 22, 2006, 12:02:11 pm »
Excellent story. If the story had to come to an end, at least that was a perfect ending. Thanks.

cc33 / Leslie

(Amy - I tried to leave a comment on LJ, but wasn't able to.)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1075 on: December 22, 2006, 09:42:56 pm »
I have to thank Mandytheminchoutakalittleguitar for recommending this story. I had it on my "I'll get to it" list but wasn't quite getting to it.  Was a bit apprehensive about the AUness of it I suppose. Well, one chapter and I was a goner. I was up til 4 in the moring reading. Love it, love it.

Just shows to go ya-don't be to quick to judge cuz you never know where you might find a gift.

O0

Heathen

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1076 on: December 22, 2006, 10:05:47 pm »
I have to thank Mandytheminchoutakalittleguitar for recommending this story. I had it on my "I'll get to it" list but wasn't quite getting to it.  Was a bit apprehensive about the AUness of it I suppose. Well, one chapter and I was a goner. I was up til 4 in the moring reading. Love it, love it.

Just shows to go ya-don't be to quick to judge cuz you never know where you might find a gift.

O0

I did the exact same thing. Melissa told me about it. I couldn't stop reading it. I was up all night!  :)

I haven't read the last chapter yet. I'm hanging on to it... saving it like I would the last sip of a delicious rare champagne.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #1077 on: December 22, 2006, 10:30:53 pm »
Hey there Roux!! I'm so glad you finally read it, isn't it amazing? That first chapter had me hooked too... I'm a little envious that you started it after it was finished... I love finding fics when they are already complete so that I can have the entire experience and don't have to wait for the next update  :D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1078 on: December 22, 2006, 10:38:49 pm »
I'm not reading the thread yet, i have the last 2 chapters saved up for after Christmas....
jack
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1079 on: December 22, 2006, 11:15:20 pm »
Hey there Roux!! I'm so glad you finally read it, isn't it amazing? That first chapter had me hooked too... I'm a little envious that you started it after it was finished... I love finding fics when they are already complete so that I can have the entire experience and don't have to wait for the next update  :D

Me too-trying to find fics that are complete to read while I'm waiting for updates to others that I'm reading. The down side is I don't get to savor them the way I do when I wait for an update and get all excited when I get that email notice that a new chapter has been posted (though Elfellon faked me out today).

I have about 10 chapters left of Shades of Grey - am putting off getting started-making myself jumpy with antici-------pation::)

Heathen