Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 609189 times)

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2006, 08:36:19 am »
PS this is how I imagine he looked when he was having his stitches out. No wonder Ennis couldn't look away :P

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2006, 09:55:27 am »
My word Kate - that certainly brightened up my lunchtime! I'm surprised that Ennis had a steady enough hand to remove the stitches if that was the sight that he had to deal with.

I have lots of ideas about where this story might be heading, but I won't bore everyone with my flights of fantasy.

Needless to say I'm breathlessly awaiting the next chapter.

Karen

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2006, 10:10:17 am »
PS this is how I imagine he looked when he was having his stitches out. No wonder Ennis couldn't look away :P

LOL that's the exact picture that came to my mind too... can you imagine being that close to that? I think I would have passed out. That's such a beautiful scened too...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2006, 11:16:02 am »
can you imagine being that close to that? I think I would have passed out.
Me too......

I think I might pass out when they finally get down to it.....

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2006, 11:21:10 am »

I have lots of ideas about where this story might be heading, but I won't bore everyone with my flights of fantasy.

I'd love to hear them Karen, you certainly wont be boring me!  :)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2006, 11:36:09 am »
I'd love to hear them Karen, you certainly wont be boring me!  :)

Ahhh June…. You’re too kind.

Well, I kind of have this fantasy storyline running through my mind which involves the location of Jack and Ennis being discovered. They have to go on the run, relying on both Ennis’s FBI training and Jack street awareness to keep them alive.

Seeing as Ennis has been protecting Jack so far, Jack will have an opportunity to save Ennis’s life (when it would be easier for Jack to desert him). Also have in my head a kind of Terminator style motel scene – you know, stolen love on the run, when they finally get their hands on each other (won’t go into detail on that one  ;)).

Have no clue how it will end though.

Of course, thse are just the meanderings of my fevered mind. I have no doubt that Midwest-Girl will entertain us with something far superior.

Karen
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 11:38:43 am by Kazza »

one_of_one

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2006, 12:14:55 pm »
*sigh*

I just can't keep away from SOG-spec!!  So here I am again.  (I'm Helen for anyone who doesn't know me!)

What I think is:

Ennis and Jack will go on the run - like you said, Karen.  I just don't see how else they will leave the apartment.  They are supposed to be holed up there for weeks on end, but obviously the action has to move forward before that because I think even Amy might struggle to hold our attention through the requisite number of chapters needed.

There is no way Ennis can keep his job.  At the very beginning he was having doubts about his abilities.  He was starting to empathise with the people he was supposed to be using.  So, even without Jack he was on his way out.  And it won't be long before he will make a choice that benefits Jack, and goes against his work.  In this last chapter he just about managed to phone in with the Ortiz info, but it was a struggle and he really had to focus his mind to do it.    He knows he can't keep his job.  Which is frightning for him because what else is there in his life?

So, the two of them become fugitives.  And make their getaway on that bike that has featured heavily in this thread!  (YUM!)

I think they will "do the deed" before they leave the apartment.  What seals that is what Ennis learns about the whole Ortiz thing.  Although, I am wondering how Jack will feel about Ennis using what happened in a nightmare.  Whatever - he'll forgive Ennis, because he understands Ennis's conflict.

I haven't thought anything about the ending other than wondering about witness protection and trying to think of their new names if that is what happens.  Oh, and thinking they will end up on a ranch because it's what Ennis always wanted to do anyway. 

Hinestroza operates east of the Mississippi so will they be safe in the west?

As for ortiz, my current guess (LOL) is that Jack suggests ortiz to Hinestroza, and he is recruited.  But he doesn't turn out to be the best and has to be got rid of.  Of course, there's only one way.  And this is the "ringside seat" Jack talks about in a previous chapter.  He has to watch as Madrigal tortures and kills Ortiz.    He tries to save him, hence the wound to his thigh.  And of course blames himself for the whole thing.

That's my 2p!

Helen :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2006, 12:24:52 pm »
*sigh*
  (I'm Helen for anyone who doesn't know me!)

Welcome back, Helen! We've missed you!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

midwest-girl

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2006, 12:25:12 pm »
Do you all have any idea how much you're killing me with this speculation?!?!   :o

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2006, 12:28:34 pm »
Do you all have any idea how much you're killing me with this speculation?!?!   :o

It's good for an author's soul, don't you think, Amy?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!