Author Topic: Counting Down to the End of....Downton Abbey  (Read 244734 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Have you been watching Downton Abbey?
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2012, 11:21:53 am »

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/25/downton-abbey-renewed-dan-stevens/

Nov 25 2012
06:34 PM ET

'Downton Abbey' renewed for fourth season

by James Hibberd

British broadcaster ITV announced that cross-continental hit Downton Abbey has been renewed for a fourth season.

Season three of the Emmy and Golden Globe award-winning drama hasn’t yet premiered in the United States, but has aired in the UK (and garnered its best ratings yet). PBS will debut season three on Jan. 6. Season four will start shooting in February and will bow in the UK in the fall.

According to ITV, the fourth season will continue the story of the Crawley family and their servants in the early 1920s, with feature-length episodes for the premiere and finale. “Viewers can look forward to more drama, comedy, love, hatred, jealousy, rivalry, ambition, despair and romance,” the network promised in a release.

The Daily Mail is reporting that actor Dan Stevens, who plays Matthew Crawley, is not returning to the show for a fourth round. This is not confirmed by ITV, however. The report cites an anonymous source: “He will probably do the first episode of the fourth series, but that will be it.” The actor is currently appearing on Broadway and was recently quoted as saying he might not return to the show. A spokesperson for ITV gave this non-denial on the matter: ” We do not discuss cast contracts nor do we discuss future storylines.”
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline brianr

« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2012, 02:16:36 pm »
Good to know. Without giving anything away,everything seemed finalised by the end. They will have to create new sub stories.  Actually I have fallen in love with Dan Stevens  :D so hope he returns and stays.
I would like to discuss the gay valet but will need to leave it until you have all seen it. I nearly did not watch anymore after the very first episode when the villain was gay. It is unusual for NZ to see shows before most of the rest of the world, we are usually last. Downton series 3 will not air in Australia until next year so I cannot discuss it with my sister. :(

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2013, 12:12:09 pm »
My instant review of the Series 3 premiere: Matthew and Mary: radiant! Mr. Bates: heroic! The Earl: excellent as a man caught between eras. Daisy and Mrs. Patmore: wonderful! Getting tired of Edith and Sir Anthony's tepid relationship and the clash between Martha and Violet was anticlimactic. Tom and Sybil's arrival from Ireland shakes things up well. The development of the financial crisis was rushed, IMO, and depressing. Downstairs is definitely more interesting than upstairs.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline optom3

« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2013, 04:00:39 pm »
Love Downton,we are quite a bit ahead here,so I will keep my lips sealed.
 Anna has recently got married in real life.My bosses wife is best friends with her from University days,so they got an invite to the week-end long bash,in Oxfordshire. Saw some pics and it looked amazing,she is a very pretty girl.
Seemed so odd to see Hugh Bonneville et al all there in modern day garb.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2013, 12:12:48 pm »
Hi friend, so good to see you here! Thanks for not spilling the plot beans. As I watch DA, I keep thinking that Anna looks so much like Evanna Lynch, who played Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter films.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2013, 02:48:08 pm »
Hi friend, so good to see you here! Thanks for not spilling the plot beans. As I watch DA, I keep thinking that Anna looks so much like Evanna Lynch, who played Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter films.

There is a character in the Harry Potter movies called Luna Lovegood?  ???

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2013, 03:42:40 pm »
I have not been watching Downton Abbey, in fact, I have yet to see Moonlighting.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline brianr

« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2013, 10:02:37 pm »
There is a character in the Harry Potter movies called Luna Lovegood?  ???

"She had straggly, waist-length, dirty blonde hair, very pale eyebrows, and protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look. Harry knew at once why Neville had chosen to pass this compartment by. The girl gave off an aura of distinct dottiness. Perhaps it was the fact that she had stuck her wand behind her left ear for safekeeping, or that she had chosen to wear a necklace of Butterbeer caps, or that she was reading a magazine upside down."

Luna

Anna

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2013, 10:37:12 am »
Downton fans, I learned something from this morning's newspaper that you all might find interesting.

Theo James, the Adonis who stars in the new show Golden Boy, played the Turkish diplomat who died while in bed with Lady Mary.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2013, 11:14:25 am »
Downton fans, I learned something from this morning's newspaper that you all might find interesting.

Theo James, the Adonis who stars in the new show Golden Boy, played the Turkish diplomat who died while in bed with Lady Mary.

We fans know him as Mr. Pamuk.

I like him better with short hair.