Author Topic: What do your books do for fun when you're not around?  (Read 3547 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
What do your books do for fun when you're not around?
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:07 am »
This:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFnuP9niRUg[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: What do your books do for fun when you're not around?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:48:45 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:56:56 am »
This:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFnuP9niRUg[/youtube]

Dang it. As so often, the video doesn't show in my country, due to copyright. Someone enlighten me?

I guess Jersey Shore is some especially stupid TV show?

I had the above thing happen one night long ago. In the middle of the night the front book fell out of the shelf for no apparent reason. I hadn't touched it, or the shelf, in weeks. No idea why it decided to jump off the cliff shelf just like that, but I almost got a heart attack from it. :P :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 10:13:13 am »
I had the above thing happen one night long ago. In the middle of the night the front book fell out of the shelf for no apparent reason. I hadn't touched it, or the shelf, in weeks. No idea why it decided to jump off the cliff shelf just like that, but I almost got a heart attack from it. :P :laugh:

Someone must've been watching the Jersey Shore.   :laugh:

The Jersey Shore area rose to national fame in 2009 after MTV started airing the reality series Jersey Shore. The popular show, filmed mostly in Seaside Heights, NJ, debuted amid large amounts of controversy regarding the use of the words "Guido/Guidette," portrayals of Italian-American stereotypes and scrutiny from locals because the cast members, with the exception of one, are not residents from the area.

They are basically a cast of shallow, superficial, self-absorbed idiots who are getting attention and a ton of money for being shallow, superficial and self-absorbed.

Jersey Shore Cast Quotes:

Mike "The Situation":  Some days I’m Uncle Situation, other days I’m Dr. Situation, I’m Chef Situation.. Bang Your Girl Situation… I’m like a pretty deep dude.

Pauly D.:  I'm over here tryin' to clean my sneaks, I can't concentrate with all this fighting .. like they're talkin' about f*ckin' relationships and my sneakers are dirty!

Snooki:  I hate the ocean, it's all whale sperm. Everybody Google it, because that's why the water is salty, from the f*ckin' whale sperm.

Snooki:  The staircase is really small and the bed is really wide. It's kind of like an analogy of Vinny's penis not fitting in my pinhole.

Angelina:  How do you go in a Jacuzzi in a bra? And a thong. Wear a thong bikini -- that’s a little bit more classier.

Pauly D:  Snooks got hit in the face again, poor girl ... somebody’s got to teach her how to fight. Or duck.

JWoww:  Tall, completely jacked, steroids, like, multiple growth hormones ... that's the type I'm attracted to.

::)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 12:28:05 pm »
Dang it. As so often, the video doesn't show in my country, due to copyright. Someone enlighten me?

>:(  Shit, that's hard.

It's kind of like a short, simple, human-less version of one of those brilliant "OK, Go" videos that John posts (that's where I originally wanted to post it, but I couldn't find the "Now, that's art!" thread). The books dance and shift around the shelves, colors forming patterns, stuff on top of the bookcase and the table next to it dancing around ... It's cute and fun, but it won't change your life or anything, so you can safely miss it.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 01:11:21 pm »
>:(  Shit, that's hard.

It's kind of like a short, simple, human-less version of one of those brilliant "OK, Go" videos that John posts (that's where I originally wanted to post it, but I couldn't find the "Now, that's art!" thread). The books dance and shift around the shelves, colors forming patterns, stuff on top of the bookcase and the table next to it dancing around ... It's cute and fun, but it won't change your life or anything, so you can safely miss it.

Thanks for explaining. :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 02:18:07 pm »

You can say that twice and mean it!

The State of New Jersey should sue.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.