Author Topic: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate?  (Read 117127 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate?
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2012, 11:05:04 am »
It's been a while since I've found that online, I saved the pic, but not what the ingredients actually are.

Going off of my (faulty) memory, I believe it was an item off a children's menu.  Chicken nuggts, tater tots in a tomato sauce, with a hard-boiled egg for the head, olives for eyes, and the wings were deep-fried potatos, sorta like over-sized potato chips.

I posted it on DCF a while ago, and suggested it should be served at one of the member's commitment ceremony to his husband.

He promptly shot down the idea, dubbing the dish the "shit-chicken".

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2012, 01:49:03 pm »
Hey, sweetie!  :)  How did I prepare the tongue?  It's so strange!  I haven't eaten one since the late 80s (when I divorced) but I remember buying lamb tongues from the Berkeley Bowl market where they were sold on butcher's styrofoam lined up.  Can you image small tongues (about 7 to a flat) lined up and covered with what looked like Saran wrap?  People thought they were gross and felt sorry for the dear little lamb.  I felt guilty for eating them too, but that didn't stop me from cooking up a pot of lamb curry once a week.   ;D

To prepare them I boiled the tongues first before cutting them up into small chunks.  After the curry sauce was ready, I added the tongues and warmed them in the sauce so they could get a bit more tender.  Lamb tongues can be tough, but they are surely delicious.  I don't see them sold in the chain markets anymore.  I suppose if I wanted some I would have to visit a specialty market.  I miss them. 

Sounds yummy!!!

Thanks for explaining, Marie!   :)

I may try and find some lamb tongues next time I go to the butcher.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »
I've not eaten this, but I found it online.

Oh god, Chuck....

Not the shit-chicken again. Please....!

Was this really necessary??  

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »
That putrid looking mess is chicken??? It looks like something one of my cats threw up. :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2012, 04:15:22 pm »
It's been a while since I've found that online, I saved the pic, but not what the ingredients actually are.

Going off of my (faulty) memory, I believe it was an item off a children's menu.  Chicken nuggts, tater tots in a tomato sauce, with a hard-boiled egg for the head, olives for eyes, and the wings were deep-fried potatos, sorta like over-sized potato chips.

I posted it on DCF a while ago, and suggested it should be served at one of the member's commitment ceremony to his husband.

He promptly shot down the idea, dubbing the dish the "shit-chicken".

Eewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :laugh:

Olives, eggs, chicken and TOMATO SAUCE?!!!!! BLEEEEEECH!!! :P
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2012, 04:19:00 pm »
I don't know if I ever told you all this, but back when I was 11 or 12 my mom gave my sister and I GREEN MILK for St. Patrick's Day. She put green food coloring in it but I just couldn't handle it. Nor could Susan. And I remember her feeling very insulted.

GREEN MILK?!!!

Poor mom! She really DID try though! :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2012, 04:22:05 pm »
I've not eaten this, but I found it online.

GROSS!!!

That looks like a bloody mess.  :P

What did they use for the wings, or whatever that is supposed to be?

Talk about adding insult to injury! lol

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2012, 08:04:22 pm »

Oh dear me.  If I was forced to eat things that looked like this.  I would have to become a vegan.  I am sorry, I don't eat whole fish even.
The ones with the head left on.  I know....I am again showing my lack of class.  But there you are.. Uukk.  I think they even arranged that dish in the shape of some kind of an animal.  The only thing there that I could possibly eat;  the olive eyes..

Beautiful mind

Offline oilgun

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2012, 08:24:13 pm »
Anybody have the famous Rachester Garbage Plate?

After a day of fun with the family, we decided to get a bite to eat at a Richmond area staple:  River City Diner.  One of the specialties at RCD is the Rochester Garbage Plate.  I got a Garbage Plate today.  My doctor would have coronary.  This thing had potato salad, cole slaw, fried potatoes, baked beans, chili, two hot dogs and cheddar cheese melted on top.  It contains enough calories and carbs to last the week.  Talk about a cholesterol disaster.  Anyway, I thought I would share this treat.

http://halfbyteblog.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/rochester-garbage-plate-from-river-city-diner/

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2012, 08:32:59 pm »
Anybody have the famous Rachester Garbage Plate?

After a day of fun with the family, we decided to get a bite to eat at a Richmond area staple:  River City Diner.  One of the specialties at RCD is the Rochester Garbage Plate.  I got a Garbage Plate today.  My doctor would have coronary.  This thing had potato salad, cole slaw, fried potatoes, baked beans, chili, two hot dogs and cheddar cheese melted on top.  It contains enough calories and carbs to last the week.  Talk about a cholesterol disaster.  Anyway, I thought I would share this treat.

http://halfbyteblog.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/rochester-garbage-plate-from-river-city-diner/

This actually look bad enough to be good.  I'd take a bite--just one bite, though!  :D