Author Topic: Striking Out  (Read 189050 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Striking Out
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2013, 12:44:08 am »
Congrats to your new personal league high! :D

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2013, 08:25:21 am »
Thanks Chrissi!

;D

Before last night my team was still in 5th place.  ;D  Not bad.

We lost one game last night,  but won 2 and took wood, so I can't complain about that.

I will complain about how I bowled.   :laugh:  Ugh.  All three games were below average, one of them I just barely broke 100.

I was not amused.

The next two weeks of the league are the last for the season, and they are "position nights".  What this means is all the teams have a chance to improve their standings in the next two weeks.   The first place team plays against the second place team.  Third vs. fourth, fifth vs. sixth, and so on.   So the next two weeks, we'll be bowling against "Just Bowling Off Steam", who we played last night.  I don't believe we'll be able to move up in the standings, but what we need to do is defend our 5th place finish.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2013, 08:13:08 am »
Only one week to go!

;D

Last night's games went well.   I can't complain about our team, or my bowling!

Out of the three games, I bowled one right at average, and the other two games above average.  (My average is a 122, the other games were a 138 and a 155.) 

We were 5th place last night at the start of the competition, and we took 6 of the 7 points.  We won the first two games, (4 points) and we 'took wood' (1 point).  The third game I was slightly annoyed with my team mate.  He could not pull it together, and only bowled a 99.  I really bit my tongue, because there were PLENTY of nights I've done the same thing.  However, on the third game the other team rallied and it ended up in a tie game, so we each got one point for the last game, instead of one team getting two.

I'm not sure who we are playing next week.  I do believe we stayed in 5th place.  However, with the 6th place team only getting one point, it's possible they went down in the standings, and we may be playing another team on Tuesday night.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2013, 08:51:50 am »
Last night was the official last night of bowling for the season!  Summer break, and then back to the league in September.

;D

Well, what I thought would happen, happened.  The team we played last week dropped down to 7th place, and the 7th place team jumped up to 6th, so we had to play a different team, and the team was a team that beat us before, and has the league president on it.

:o

I compared the scores of the teams so far, and they needed to win all 7 points to beat us and move up in the standings, which would have pushed us down to #6 and out of the top 5 teams.  I was really hoping for a Top 5 finish for us to end the season, specifically since last season we finished second to last.

:laugh:

We ended up bowling really well, and took all 7 points!  Not only did we defend our 5th place spot, we were only 3 points behind the 4th place team, and they split their games with the team they were playing, so it's very possible (but not certain yet) that we moved up into 4th place.

It may be a bit early for a celebration, but hey, I want a ribbon!    :laugh:

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2013, 01:01:30 am »
Congrats, Chuck!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2013, 02:17:09 am »

Congrats, Chuck!
 :D

That was already your second year, hunh? Wow, time sure flies. Here's to an equally successful third year, cheers! :-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #146 on: June 21, 2013, 11:34:48 pm »
I didn't post here, I should've!

My team ended up in 4th place for the season, and we got prize money for it, I ended up getting $250.00 in prizes.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2013, 06:22:46 pm »
Tonight is a "fun night", so we're bowling just for fun, no league scores.

Also it's a "membership" type drive, new people who may become members will be joining us tonight.

I haven't bowled since May 15th, two months ago!  Ulp!  Hope tonight goes ok!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2013, 10:44:16 pm »
I haven't bowled since May 15th, two months ago!  Ulp!  Hope tonight goes ok!

I seem to recall that you bowled on June 2 and were sorely beaten by a certain novice...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2013, 11:31:23 pm »
I seem to recall that you bowled on June 2 and were sorely beaten by a certain novice...

haha, I was a witness!
"chewing gum and duct tape"