Author Topic: Striking Out  (Read 189127 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Striking Out
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2013, 08:06:30 am »
OMG!  That's right!  LOL   How could I forget that?   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2013, 08:13:02 am »
Ok tonight is another 'fun night' for bowling.  Just a chance to catch up and get some fun time in together.

I haven't bowled since the last one in July, so God only knows what will transpire.  :laugh:  I'lll report back tomorrow.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2013, 08:31:46 am »
Well, the new season of bowling started last night, it wasn't a fun night, but the scores weren't counted towards our averages/handicaps, so there wasn't as much pressure as a regular night.

I managed to keep all three games above 100, and two of them above last year's average of 120, so I'm happy with that.

;D

One change to the team, instead of a team of three, we're a team of four.  Frank, Pete and I were joined by Cristina.  Since we were called "Bearly Bowling" last year, and Cristina is not a bear, we decided to change the name of the team.  Cristina is Latina, so now we officially are Chica "n" the 3 Bears.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2013, 08:19:57 am »
Bowling season has started again!

Last week was a 'non-scoring' night, so it was basically practice.

Last night the scores counted, and our averages carried over from last season.

My team did fairly well.  We won only 1 of the three games, but my teammate (Cris) got herself a bowling ball (last season she used house balls) and you could see the improvement in her game.

As for me, my average for last year was a 120, and my games last night were 123, 142 & 145.

;D

Good start to the season.

Also, there was a guy there who is into bowling, and watched me bowl my first game (123) and he gave me some tips.  I followed his advice, and by doing that the other two games, I added 20 pins more to each score.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2013, 01:02:31 am »
As for me, my average for last year was a 120, and my games last night were 123, 142 & 145.

;D

Good start to the season.

Also, there was a guy there who is into bowling, and watched me bowl my first game (123) and he gave me some tips.  I followed his advice, and by doing that the other two games, I added 20 pins more to each score.

Yay on a sucessful evening, Chuck! :) You should keep following his tips.

Question: what do you do with complete washouts? Someone who wants to bowl in your league but can't keep a ball straight and doesn't show progress after a couple of months? Do they get passed on from team to team, so the disadvantage is evenly spread on every team? Are they politely asked if bowling is really the best pastime for them?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2013, 10:15:41 am »
washouts are allowed here.  LOL  :laugh:

The league is termed a "fun league" and new people are generally asked if they are very competitive, or here for fun, and they are given an appropriate team.

That doesn't mean that the competetive teams have all the best bowlers.  My team finished 4th last season, and we're far from competitive.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2013, 05:27:24 pm »
Do you have your own bowling ball and is it funky....maybe little zombies all over it?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2013, 08:43:15 pm »
Nope, we meet at the local alley in Belleville, NJ.  We're one of a few different leagues who bowl there.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2013, 06:39:15 am »
Ugh, last night was not fun!  LOL

My first game was a 138.  Happy about that, the other two I couldn't break 100!  92 and 99.

bleh!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #159 on: September 25, 2013, 06:59:49 am »
It'll be better next week! O0