Author Topic: Striking Out  (Read 188802 times)

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Striking Out
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2014, 08:55:32 pm »

Somehow, my team moved into the top 10 teams last week.  I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, I'll just accept it.

I'm hoping we move up a bit further after last night.  I had two good games, with scores of 107, 135 and 137.  We won two of the three games, and took wood, so in the end we won 5 of the 7 points.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2014, 12:43:23 pm »
I'm hoping we move up a bit further after last night.  I had two good games, with scores of 107, 135 and 137.  We won two of the three games, and took wood, so in the end we won 5 of the 7 points.

No game under 100 and two really good ones - way to go! :)

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2014, 07:04:24 pm »
Yes Chrissi, I was pretty happy about it.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2014, 08:45:12 am »

We didn't move up in the standings, so those above us must've bowled better than we did last week.  LOL  Oh well!

We won two of the three games, and took wood, so in the end we won 5 of the 7 points, just like the prior week.  I'm happier with my scores on a personal level.  118, 129, and a 157, in that order, so it was good to see the scores go up and up.  Now if I could just hit that ellusive 200 game!

I will be programing the music for the next match, which will be Sunday.  That's the day we have to bowl to make up for the night bowling was cancelled due to the snowstorm.

;D

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2014, 06:54:45 pm »
Well, everyone liked the music I made for Sunday's games.  I was just under average for each game, my team won 4 out of the possible 7 points.

This Tuesday is position night, meaning we play the team just ahead of us in the standings.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #195 on: March 05, 2014, 09:29:10 am »
This Tuesday is position night, meaning we play the team just ahead of us in the standings.

Bowling last night went well!  ;D

I was under average for each game, however, my team mates were over average, and the team we played against was under average as well.

End result was that we won all 7 points last night.

Before the game was played, my team was ranked at #8 out of 20 teams, so I'm hoping after getting all 7 points that we move up even more.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #196 on: March 12, 2014, 08:18:30 am »
All victories are short-lived!

:laugh:

Last week we took all 7 points in a position night.  :)  This helped our team's standings, we jumped from the #9 position to #6.  Pretty good.

Unfortunately, we could't get it together last night, and we were playing one of the top teams in the league, so we lost all 7 points last night.  Not sure where we'll end up at this point.  Have to wait until Tuesday to see.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #197 on: March 19, 2014, 08:31:44 am »
Last night continued our downfall, as we played one of the top teams in the league.

Ugh!

We lost all 7 points.  However, I took it as a personal victory that I bowled better than I have in a while, and had two games above average.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2014, 08:09:13 am »
And the downfall continues, but it wasn't my fault!  LOL

We lost all 7 points again last night, we were playing another of the top ranking teams.  My scores for the night were 111, 118, and 144.

One of my teammates was really off his game, and he just couldn't get it together.  In two of his three games, he was about 40 pins away from his average.  He was getting frustrated, and I've been there so I know what he was feeling.

I'm pleased with how I bowled.  ;D

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2014, 08:49:58 am »
Well guess what?  We finally won some points!  LOL  :laugh:

We lost our first game last night, but won the second and third games.  When the final scores were totaled up, we 'took wood' by a total of 2 pins.

:o

Very close games!

Wost game was the first, an 85.  Next game was a 110, and I ended the night with a 135.