Author Topic: Striking Out  (Read 188855 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Striking Out
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2014, 07:52:42 am »

Last night was the first "official" night of bowling.   We did bowl last week, but that was a 'fun' night, with no scores being counted.

Last night was (as always) a mixed bag.  I started the night with a 110, plummeted down to a 77, and then finished with a 140, which I was pretty happy about.  Now if I can just figure out how I got that score, and repeat it over the next few nights....LOL

We ditched last year's alternate bowler (a woman) who only showed up for three games and wasn't around to help us.  This year one of my teammates (Pete) convinced his partner to join,  so we have a more reliable alternate to bowl, so we've set up a rotating schedule.

We've also reclaimed our old name since we're all guys again, ditching "Chica "n" the 3 Bears".  We are once again, "Bearly Bowling".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2014, 08:09:23 am »
Bowling was a mixed bag on Tuesday, but with me, that's to be expected.  LOL

First game was a 110, second game was awful (77) and then I finished the night with a 141.

Now, if I can just figure out what I did for that thrid game, and how to replicate it over and over....... :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2014, 08:09:40 am »
Yup, a new night of bowling tonight!  Looking foward to it, hoping that I can replicate that 141 score tonight, more than once!

:D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #213 on: September 17, 2014, 08:16:30 pm »
Ugh!  I should've stayed home!  LOL

One game over 100, the other two under.  Very frustrated.  Grrrr.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2014, 08:38:07 am »
Last night was (as always) a mixed bag.  I started the night with a 110, plummeted down to a 77, and then finished with a 140, which I was pretty happy about.  Now if I can just figure out how I got that score, and repeat it over the next few nights....LOL

I'm quoting myself because it was pretty much the same last night!  I started the night with a 102, went down to a 90, and then finished with a 144.  My team won 5 of the seven points last night, that should be enough to keep us in the top 10.

:)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #215 on: October 08, 2014, 05:50:38 pm »

Last night was a bowling night, and while it wasn't a good one for the team, it was a good one for me.  ;D

The team lost all 7 points, my two teammates both bowled way below average, so any hope we had to lose flew out the window.

It was happy with my bowling.  First time in a long time that I had no games under 100.   First game was 133, second was 109, and third was 125.  Works for me!  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2014, 12:28:06 am »
Back from Bowling, and since I'm off this week, I don't need to rush back to bed.

Much better week for the team, we won 5 of the 7 points at stake, so I'm sure we'll move up in the standings.  As for me, none of my games were spectacular, but they were all around my average, which is fine with me.  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #217 on: October 22, 2014, 08:26:13 am »
Last night was a brutal night!  My first two games I couldn't get over 100, but my last game I rebounded and got a 127, which made me happy.

Everyone else on my team was just as bad as I was, so it wasn't just me, something was really off!!!  The good thing was that no one else on the other team we were playing showed up, so it was like a forfeit, and we should win all 7 points.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2014, 08:54:45 am »
Not much to report for last night.

I am on the party committee for the league, and I was helping run things, so I didn't bowl, so no scores to talk about!

It was a fun Halloween party, and I won funniest costume.  $50.00 :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2014, 09:21:15 am »
Hiya everyone!

after the last scoring games, my team moved up to 7th place in the standings.  However, last night was a bad night against a great team.

We lost all 7 points.  I however, take pride in my 144 and 124 scores