Author Topic: Striking Out  (Read 189191 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Striking Out
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2011, 12:34:06 pm »
Excellent beginning, Chuck!  I think you'll have a great time in this bowling group and make lots of new friends.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2011, 07:59:17 am »
Hiya everyone!   *waves*

I haven't been updating my scores here because I haven't had time to practice.

One Saturday I was out late, so I didn't practice, another was Labor Day weekend, another was Hurricane Irene, and last week I was too tired.

:laugh:

I'm determined to come back this Sunday.

Last night's game was fun.....my team (the Alley Gators) played against three guys, Jason, John, & Michael.  Had a lot of fun, and just chilled out and laughed.

All three games were over 110 points, high score was a 145.  ;D

I think I became team captain as well last night.   It was by default!  LOL   Next week is a "captain's meeting" where all the captains will get together and vote on the bylaws.  One of my teammates (Peter) was away this week so he doesn't know about the meeting, and my other teammate (Frank) has an appointment next week.  He'll be here to bowl, but can't make the meeting, so that leaves me.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:44 am »
All hail Cap'n Chuck!!  :D
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2011, 03:32:16 pm »
Hiya friends!

;D

Well, last week at bowling was a mixed bag.  I had a game that was about a 120, one that was about 110, and then an 85.  Ugh.

Today at practice, I did better.  I had 2 games that were in the 140 range, and one game that was a 157.  I'm hoping that I can repeat this Tuesday night.

;D

overall, the league is going well, and I'm enjoying myself.  It's good to go out with on a regular basis and meet new friends.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2011, 07:43:48 am »
Well, another week of bowling is done.

;D

I had one bad game (96) but my other games were in the 120 range, which isn't bad.  My league high score as of last week was a 141, which really pleased me.  This week, my teammate (Pete) scored a 213.  ;D

Foot in mouth moment came for me during the second game, when I bowled two strikes back-to-back.  As I picked up my ball, one of the guys on the team I was playing against said to me " If you bowl like that again, I'll have to hurt you."  He was about 6 inches taller than me, very fit, about 54 years old.  He (of course) was kidding, so I just smirked and turned to bowl. 

As I was standing there, I saw out of the corner of my eye that he was standing behind me, so I turned to look at him.....he tried to look intimidating, and without thinking, said to him......

"Oh please......as if I haven't had guys who are bigger than you come up from behind."

I turned to bowl and then it hit me how it came out.  :o   I then heard him say to everyone else "Well how would he know that?"

So I started to laugh, threw the ball, and missed the strike by one pin.  I turned to him and he says "See, that's what you get for lying like that!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2011, 02:54:30 pm »
96 is a brill game for me!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2011, 03:27:44 pm »
"Oh please......as if I haven't had guys who are bigger than you come up from behind."

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Keep up talk like that and they'll start calling you Ben Dover. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:26 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2011, 10:09:07 pm »
Hiya everyone!

Bowling updates......this weekend was a bowling tournament that took place between members of my league, and other gay leagues.

We played six games in total.  Out of the six games, I had three that were below (but near) average, and three that were above average.  It was a good time.

;D

Today I met with a few guys and practiced today, I had no games today that were under my average, so I was pretty happy about that.  I'm hoping this carries through to Tuesday night.

;D

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2011, 10:38:04 am »
Hope so, too, Chuck!  Good luck on Tuesday.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?