Author Topic: It's Official! ABC Cancels "All My Children" And "One Life To Live"  (Read 11568 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: It's Official! ABC Cancels "All My Children" And "One Life To Live"
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 11:25:15 am »
She did.

Wikipedia: Lucci holds the record for most nominations in one category, having been nominated a total of 21 times (1978, 1981–1993, 1995–1999, 2001–2002) in the category of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children. Lucci won the award at the 26th Daytime Emmy Awards in 1999.

Thanks!

Holy cow! That long ago already?  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 11:37:17 am »
She did.

Wikipedia: Lucci holds the record for most nominations in one category, having been nominated a total of 21 times (1978, 1981–1993, 1995–1999, 2001–2002) in the category of Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for All My Children. Lucci won the award at the 26th Daytime Emmy Awards in 1999.

I watched, and remember Rosie O'Donnell breaking down in tears, and Lucci received quite an impressive standing ovation.  She gave a great speech, too!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 08:07:51 pm »
There was a time that I watched All My Children on a regular basis.

I was in college, and we didn't have a VCR.  My mom watched the show, and had to go out.  I was home and she asked me to take notes for her.  LOL

I had a pad and pencil, and took notes.

This episode had a woman on who was going by the name "Noelle", but if I remember correctly, she was suffering from amnesia and couldn't remember anything.  It was later revealed that she was actually Silver Kane, Erica's sister.

I was hooked at that point, and Silver became my favorite character for some reason.  I watched her fall in love with Jeremy, and then when Jeremy fell out of love with her, she lost it and faked a rape attempt to win him back.  It didn't work, as he was falling for Natalie.  Silver finally went over the edge and went to Natalie's house with a gun.  The two women struggled, and the gun went off, killing Silver.  Palmer dumped the body for Natalie, but at that point, Natalie's guilty conscious made her think that Silver's ghost was haunting her, so Silver was still around.

LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 09:29:27 pm »
Chuck, everything about your post was charming, but this was my favorite part:

My mom watched the show, and had to go out.  I was home and she asked me to take notes for her.  LOL

I had a pad and pencil, and took notes.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 12:16:08 am »

I don't remember Quentin Marie! Isn't that awful?!! He must have been cute though!

I just remember Barnabas and that cane of his with the wolf head up at the top! lol

the redoutable Quentin Collins - in 'the present' he haunted Collins House for a long time before he ever appeared 'for real' when they went back to the past:

he was the most handsome, except of course for young David Collins:

Here's the Dark Shadows Wiki!!

http://darkshadows.wikia.com/wiki/Quentin_Collins_%281840%29
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »
My condolences to Brokies who may be fans of All My Children. There was a segment about the end of the show on the NBC Nightly News this evening. According to the NBC story, today was the show's last day.

What really suprised me--though perhaps I should have remembered it--was when Brian Willams said that when the show debuted in 1970, it was in black and white. I didn't remember that they still made TV shows in living black and white as late as 1970.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 09:00:32 pm »

Teresa & SmellyKellyJay (Kel) ^^^

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 09:07:28 pm »

Teresa & SmellyKellyJay (Kel) ^^^

Wow! All My Brokies! Great photo.

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 11:08:54 pm »
Is this picture still up somewhere on MSNBC?  If so can it be linked to?  I went to their site and saw a story on the subject just now but the picture wasn't there.

Is it in some slide show I can't locate?

I'm going to email Teresa.

Offline BayCityJohn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • BBM Foundation
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »
'All My Children' ends its 41-year run with cliffhangers that feed a potential Internet afterlife

Today.com’s Randee Dawn reports:

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/09/23/7926023-all-my-children-ends-its-