Author Topic: And what about the choice of our user name ?  (Read 32240 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: And what about the choice of our user name ?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 02:11:23 pm »

Ruby-my nickname=RouxB-the name of my red car. My name is Sherrill (and I am some kind of an aholic)

I miss the little afro emoticon you used at CT - is that what your hair actually looks like?
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 02:16:44 pm »
Hmmmm....how to explain my name.......lol.  My name is Nicole.  Done and done. :D

And Stacey, I LOVE your avatar/signature combo.  It makes me laugh everytime I see it, and I find myself saying constantly now b/c I see it all the time in your posts, lol.

Celeste - I just now realized that your avatar is not only the CT group hug icon, but they're wearing cowboy hats!  How on earth did you do that?  LOL - very cute.
   Cowboys do it better

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 02:20:43 pm »

Celeste - I just now realized that your avatar is not only the CT group hug icon, but they're wearing cowboy hats!  How on earth did you do that?  LOL - very cute.

Our dear friend Ray created the little cowboy-hat wearing group hug, and I stole it as my own for how.  Here it is if you want it too:
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 02:31:21 pm »
Wow!  Good job Ray!

"Oh, and next Friday... is Hawaiian shirt day... so, you know, if you want to you can go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans."

This is in my top five of all time - I could probably quote almost the entire movie.  My favourite line(s):

"There was]/i] nothing wrong with it.  Until that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammy's."

"Well, why don't you just go by "Mike"?"

"No way.  Why should I change?  He's the one who sucks."
   Cowboys do it better

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 02:33:04 pm »
I LOVE IT! I was thinking about this movie just a few minutes ago because I was listening to the radio and a commercial came on and it said:
Forgot the coverletter to your TPS report? Stay calm with Lite 103.7.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 02:44:45 pm »
Wow, I was just going to start a thread about this when I got done catching up on all the stuff I missed (darn classes...). Mine is pretty unoriginal. When I was setting up my email account like six years ago I tried to do cmr (my initials) with numbers that actually had some meaning (birthday, etc.) but they were all taken. Everytime I tried one hotmail would say "well that one is taken, but why don't you try this?" and have several suggestions that were close. I finally got impatient and chose 107, which was one of the suggestions, because 107.7 was my favorite radio station at the time...yeah, I was in like 7th grade, leave me alone.

I only registered on IMDb last summer when I was bored and wanted to read a couple posts, I had no idea I would be posting myself ever. So I just used cmr107 so I could remember it, then when we moved here I felt like no one would know who I am if I changed it.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 02:46:58 pm »
Yaadpar

Yaad Pyar

I have fine (small-not Whoopie-ish) dred locks a bit past shoulder length. Reddish-brown (there's that roux again!)

I miss my emoticon too-sad face.

Heathen

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 03:01:47 pm »

This is in my top five of all time - I could probably quote almost the entire movie.  My favourite line(s):

"There was]/i] nothing wrong with it.  Until that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammy's."

"Well, why don't you just go by "Mike"?"

"No way.  Why should I change?  He's the one who sucks."

I'm so gratified to see other Office Space fans.  I love every moment of that movie.  Now that would be fun to watch together.  No deep sorrow or tears or sighs...just a lot of laughing and saying the lines along with the movie.

Peter Gibbons: You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my ass off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Porter: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 03:04:48 pm »
Haha.
When I'm having a particularly trying day at work, I'll say "If one more thing happens, I'm gonna start guttin' fish at my desk!"
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 03:09:52 pm »
I love Office Space, but I've only seen it once a long time ago so I can't quote lines with you guys... :'( I recognize the ones you're saying, but can't come up with any on my own.

I really need to see Donnie Darko. LOL, I'd never even heard of it till I started coming to the BBM board.