Author Topic: And what about the choice of our user name ?  (Read 32239 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: And what about the choice of our user name ?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 03:38:25 pm »

I really need to see Donnie Darko. LOL, I'd never even heard of it till I started coming to the BBM board.

Thanks for this confession, cmr, makes me feel less alone in this case.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 03:39:00 pm »

I love Office Space, but I've only seen it once a long time ago so I can't quote lines with you guys... :'( I recognize the ones you're saying, but can't come up with any on my own.

Court - let's set a date - I've got Office Space on DVD.  Hope on a train or get in your car, and come here this weekend, and we'll enjoy the sadly true reality of Office Space.  I'll invite Andrew too - c'mon.  You know you want to.  

Anyone else?  I don't know if I want to watch the BBM DVD with anyone.  I prefer silence and solitude when I'm with My Boys, but Office Space is better with a bigger audience.

:angel:
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 03:54:18 pm »
Mine is Front-Ranger because I live on the Front Range of Colorado and love it here. I hope u realise the Rockies are the same range as in Wyoming AND Alberta.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 03:57:05 pm »
DavidinHartford?    because "EnnisinRiverton" was taken already!   LOL.

But seriously,   back in my old AOL days I used to have clever screen names.  But as my hobbies or interests changed, so would my screen name.   Eventually it just became a nuisance.   I eventually just started using my real name and city.  Now my friends have no trouble identifying my emails!! 

You'd still be amazed at how many ask me where I live!    LOL   :P

It is only recently that I saw you were in the US; I always thought you were in the UK, somewhat of a neighbour to me!
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 03:59:04 pm »
Mine is Front-Ranger because I live on the Front Range of Colorado and love it here. I hope u realise the Rockies are the same range as in Wyoming AND Alberta.

Wow! No, I didn't realize that, I'm none too strong on American geography! That is cool.
I thought it had something to do with Annie Proulx's collection of short stories: 'Close Range'.
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 04:42:02 pm »
I picked my name because I happen to be a Libra, and I'm probably the Libra-est Libran that ever Libra-ed. If there are two sides to a story, I'll probably be able to see a third side  :P. Although from what he's written, Ray might give me a run for my money here.

I'm so gratified to see other Office Space fans.  I love every moment of that movie. 

I loved the movie so much that I made sure to get a red stapler for my office, to show solidarity for Milton. Although I'm nowhere near the breaking point that poor Milton is. And everybody in the office knows not to mess with my stapler! ;D
One must talk, talk, talk - it is only by talking that we shall caper upon the summit; otherwise the mountains will overshadow us.

http://users.livejournal.com/_sepia

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 05:21:08 pm »
Wow, go the libras, I am one too but I am not that library(LOL it looks like the place where you get books, but you know what I mean!) ;D

My name is very simple.......Becky cause that is my real name! Ahh the simpleness! Not Rebecca, Becky! I always got called Rebecca in lower school cause one of my teachers asked my if my name was Rebecca and she asked in such a way that she confused me and I said yes. So when I was 5 I kept getting called Rebecca until I actually corrected someone.
I used to be bx_is_da_best on IMDb, which led to a few confusions which are better not discussed cause it is so hard to explain it all. But the basis was that BX is a nickname for the Bronxs in New York and then that led people to believe that I was from the bronx and etc, etc.

Any way it has been fun to learn about all of your nicknames, I feel I know you all much more now, so thanks! :-*
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 05:24:49 pm »
Ray.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 05:27:44 pm »
I love you Ray, you make me laugh by posting one word! :-*
Here I am trying to explain everything about my name with a little anecdote and there you are just typing one word, and it is more effective than my whole explanation! ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 05:39:37 pm »
Ray.

A drop of golden sun...

How I chose my name - I have always loved the LMNO run in the alphabet.  I like that it's been shortened to Elle, by Y'alle.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 06:04:53 pm by Ellemeno »