Author Topic: And what about the choice of our user name ?  (Read 32516 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: And what about the choice of our user name ?
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2006, 11:32:08 am »
You go toast!

A relative of mine with cancer was given 5 years to live...17 years ago.  And she has bad days and good, but is still around and kicking.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2006, 12:03:48 pm »
You are soooo far from pitiful (rolls eyes with goofly little smile on her face)

I like my toast
with not too much butter (and syrup when I was little) and jam
or just with peanut butter
oh, and on Bettermost...

O0

Heathen

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2006, 02:18:31 pm »
Toast, I am so sorry to hear about that, but it is brilliant that you are still able to remain so positive. You could teach many people something with that (me included).

Mine's pretty simple: I used to call my best friend Bunny (which is also really caught on - everyone calls her that now), she used to call me Fuzzy (cos I have thick, curly hair). Then I had to make a new email address and wanted something that was central on me, rather than something which showed my obsession at the time, so I took Fuzzy and added Channy, my nickname with family and friends cos my name's Chantelle. After that, I just started using it every where so that my name would not constrict me to a single community.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2006, 03:19:59 pm »
I don't think my user name even worth a post, but I will put it here anyway.

I go by Jenny and C is the initial of my last name.  Duh, how creative  :P

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2006, 07:56:28 am »
I don't think my user name even worth a post, but I will put it here anyway.

I go by Jenny and C is the initial of my last name.  Duh, how creative  :P

Jenny, you think Isabelle is creative ??? It's my real name, and it was the most fashionable name given to girls when I was born. So the uncreativeness is real down to my parents :D
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2006, 08:52:30 am »

Can't believe I haven't read this thread before, but I don't spose its too late to jump on board...  ;D

hungry_hungryhippos : - Donnie Darko... one of my favourite lines of the film.

Cause I read that Isabelle and others hadn't seen it, quick explanation of the scene where the line is said:  Donnie's a troubled youth who has to save the world. He's in therapy for emotional problems. His shrink (the fabulously gorgeous Katharine Ross) has put him under hypnosis.  He's laying on a couch (lucky couch, I say), eyes closed and his shrink is talking to him.  Under hypnosis, he speaks with a high, almost child-like voice. Conversation goes as follows:

Donnie: they didn't get me what I wanted for Christmas..
Dr Thurman: What did you want for christmas that year, Donnie?
Donnie: Hungry Hungry Hippos!
Dr Thurmas: How did you feel, being denied these Hungry Hungry Hippos?
Donnie: Regret.

Love this movie.  Give it about 2 or 3 screenings, gals, if you watch it first time and are a bit like, WTF???
Chut up!

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2006, 09:05:51 am »
Cause I read that Isabelle and others hadn't seen it, quick explanation of the scene where the line is said:  Donnie's a troubled youth who has to save the world. He's in therapy for emotional problems. His shrink (the fabulously gorgeous Katharine Ross) has put him under hypnosis.  He's laying on a couch (lucky couch, I say), eyes closed and his shrink is talking to him.  Under hypnosis, he speaks with a high, almost child-like voice.

Sheyne, it's right about then that I first fell for Jake Gyllenhaal.  From the beginning of DD until this hypnosis scene he is just one moderately good looking kid.  But just then Dr Thurman talks about girls and and Jake, ehem Donnie, undoes his pants and puts his hand...  Ok ok, the others can watch it for themselves.  But from that moment on, I was totally smitten with JG.  And each time I re-watched it, I wonder what it is about JG that I see now that I didn't see in the early stages of DD.  Anyway, prior to BBM, DD was my #1 film of all time.  Now I've got BBM, Jake also has the title of being my favourite actor and the lead in my 2 top films of all time.

Not sure if this is unhealthy or not.  It doesn't feel unhealthy, but... you know...
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2006, 09:31:17 am »
I can't believe I didn't read this thread until now. Way interesting!

I just got tired of the boringness of using my name over at IMDb when everyone else was so clever. Here it was going to be "Justin Wrangler," "Justin" for the brand name of my cowboy boots, "Wrangler" for my jeans brand of choice these days. Then I thought, At least they know you as "Jeff," so better keep the "Jeff" part. Life is confusing enough!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

moremojo

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2006, 10:14:59 pm »
I picked my name because after seeing BbM I wanted to change the way I live life. Ive been very much the recluse for years. I hadnt even considered opening myself up to another person for friendship -or more-for a long time. So my name is really the opposite of who I am. It is however the kind of person I want to become.
That's beautiful, hopefulheart. You sound like you are already on a good start on your journey. I wish you the very best, and thank you for being here and sharing some of your story.

Peace,
Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:57:24 pm by moremojo »

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2006, 10:25:33 pm »
Cause I read that Isabelle and others hadn't seen it, quick explanation of the scene where the line is said:  Donnie's a troubled youth who has to save the world. He's in therapy for emotional problems. His shrink (the fabulously gorgeous Katharine Ross) has put him under hypnosis.  He's laying on a couch (lucky couch, I say), eyes closed and his shrink is talking to him.  Under hypnosis, he speaks with a high, almost child-like voice.

Sheyne, it's right about then that I first fell for Jake Gyllenhaal.  From the beginning of DD until this hypnosis scene he is just one moderately good looking kid.  But just then Dr Thurman talks about girls and and Jake, ehem Donnie, undoes his pants and puts his hand...  Ok ok, the others can watch it for themselves.  But from that moment on, I was totally smitten with JG.  And each time I re-watched it, I wonder what it is about JG that I see now that I didn't see in the early stages of DD.  Anyway, prior to BBM, DD was my #1 film of all time.  Now I've got BBM, Jake also has the title of being my favourite actor and the lead in my 2 top films of all time.

Not sure if this is unhealthy or not.  It doesn't feel unhealthy, but... you know...

Chris, I know what you mean about that scene.  Every time he starts sliding his hand down inside his pants I'm just like "don't clap your hands, woman!! Don't clap!! Not yet!!!"  lol..  just a liiiittle longer..  ;D

Actually when I fell for him was when he was talking to Noah Wyle's character.. If you dig this film as much as me, you'll know it well: the line is "Roberta Sparrow?...*pause*.. Come on.." and he gives this disbelieving smile.... oh god, I just lost it. The smile grabbed and hasn't let me go.  I was gone...

I can't get enough of him as Donnie OR Jack Twist, actually.  Hell I even loved him with his Bugs Bunny teeth and big Bambi eyes in City Slickers.... lol... Mind you, when I first saw CS, I wasn't actually commiting a felony in thinking he was gorgeous cause we were BOTH underage then... I'm only about 5 or so yrs older than Jake... still think he's cute tho..
Chut up!