Author Topic: Someday  (Read 2244 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Someday
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:01:57 am »
Someday...before I die...I hope to see the night sky look like it does in this video.

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to embed this here:

http://video.yahoo.com/editorspicks-12135647/featured-24306389/the-mountain-24960678.html

I've been in deserts and in mountains far far from the big lights of the city and have never seen the sky remotely look the same.  Someone told me that perhaps I was seeing TOO many stars and they were so smeared in a haze across the night sky that I decided I wasn't seeing anything.  I don't know.  :(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Someday
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 05:20:58 am »
This is an amazing video. :)

Someday...before I die...I hope to see the night sky look like it does in this video.

I haven't seen anything similar to this myself either. The most beautiful night-skies, with the most stars I've always seen in Greece.

I've been in deserts and in mountains far far from the big lights of the city and have never seen the sky remotely look the same.  Someone told me that perhaps I was seeing TOO many stars and they were so smeared in a haze across the night sky that I decided I wasn't seeing anything.  I don't know.  :(

I think a good part of the impression the video makes is the movement, which of course you can only get via time-lapse, and never see in RL.

But still, even on pause the pictures are pretty awesome.