Author Topic: Happy Mother's Day!  (Read 21026 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Happy Mother's Day!
« on: May 08, 2011, 05:10:08 am »

Happy Mother's Day to all moms on BetterMost
and to all moms of BetterMostians!

:D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Re: Happy Mother's Day!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:30:52 am »
Mother's Day anecdote:
I like to sleep in. Really, really sleep in. Maybe to 11 on a Sunday morning. In former years, I always had to get up early for Mother's Day, because the kids were smaller and couldn't wait for me to give me prezzies, wet kisses and congrats.
It was somehow counterproductive; I wanted to sleep long, but I had to get up because the kids wanted to do me something good. :laugh:

This year was the first time I got the opposite order: "Don't get up before 10:00am, we want to sleep in." Feels like a milestone, my children are old enough that they want to sleep in themselves. ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:56:23 am »
How about you: will you visit your mother today, if you still have her? If you're a mother, what did your children do? Are they small enough to draw you pictures - or old enough to visit you? Or does Mother's Day go unnoticed in your family?

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 07:06:17 am »
Phew! My first thought was "oh ---- did I miss Happy Mother´s Day?!"
But I checked my calender and we don´t celebrate HMD until the last Sunday of May.

Phew again cause my mother would not have been pleased. :D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 07:53:30 am »
Phew! My first thought was "oh ---- did I miss Happy Mother´s Day?!"
But I checked my calender and we don´t celebrate HMD until the last Sunday of May.

Phew again cause my mother would not have been pleased. :D

Ha ha, that's a good one. :laugh:
I didn't know that MD gets celebrated on different Sundays in May.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 09:11:00 am »
I woke up extra early today and my first thought was, I get to see my little grandson!! He is such a ray of light and joy. He's so entranced by faces and I think he recognizes me! We have long talks together, going through all the vowels with an occasional consonant thrown in.

Of course, I'm looking forward to spending time with my own mother and with my two children. But my grandson is definitely the star of the show. We'll have brunch on the deck for the first time this season. I got my daughter a gift card to a bookstore and I got my mom a pair of shoes. That tells you a lot about the main women in my life, LOL!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:48:29 am »
I woke up extra early today and my first thought was, I get to see my little grandson!! He is such a ray of light and joy. He's so entranced by faces and I think he recognizes me! We have long talks together, going through all the vowels with an occasional consonant thrown in.

Of course, I'm looking forward to spending time with my own mother and with my two children. But my grandson is definitely the star of the show. We'll have brunch on the deck for the first time this season. I got my daughter a gift card to a bookstore and I got my mom a pair of shoes. That tells you a lot about the main women in my life, LOL!!

Nothing sweeter than a baby in the family. Having a first grandchild must be so awesome.
When my children were babies and gave me sleepless nights, I often said in my next life I won't have any children, I start directly with having grandchildren. :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 09:34:58 am »

Nothing sweeter than a baby in the family. Having a first grandchild must be so awesome.
When my children were babies and gave me sleepless nights, I often said in my next life I won't have any children, I start directly with having grandchildren. :laugh:

Chrissi, I hear aphids are born pregnant...are you saying you want to be an aphid in your next life?

I now have TWO grandchildren. Little 6-month old Charlie is a grand bundle of love! Hopefully my daughter will take a little break from having kids because she has a home and garden to nurture too and she wants to get a couple of angora goats!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 09:51:08 am »

For all of our "Brokie Moms" out there today!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 09:20:03 pm »
What a great thread!  I don't have much planned for Mothers Day -- church earlier in the day and then a late lunch or early dinner with my mom, my sister and my daughter.  Oh, and we'll exchange gifts.