Author Topic: Facebook question for you all  (Read 5776 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Facebook question for you all
« on: May 11, 2011, 07:01:53 pm »
Hiya everyone!!!

Sorry to start a thread about this, but I know not everyone comes to my blog, I thought this may get more attention.

I have a question for you all.  Is FaceBook going so slowly for you that it's driving you crazy?

For the past month or so, every time I try to open Facebook, it moves so slowly and freezes up, it takes me forever to go through it.

Today I managed to reveiw all the posts from now, back to my "morning greeting" post by using two devices at once.  I had to scroll on my BlackBerry, and then when I found something I wanted to comment on, I would open that person's profile on my computer and comment that way.  It was quicker than using the computer alone.

ugh!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Re: Facebook question for you all
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:04:20 pm »
No problems here, Chuckie.  Must be you.   :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:59:58 pm »
It's running normally for me as well, Chuck. Maybe try clearing out your cache? Rebooting??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:49:04 pm »
Nope...not on any of the computers I use.  Hmmmmmm...................
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:32:43 pm »
I have trouble scrolling on facebook...thought it might have been my mouse, but it works fine on other sites.

Another thing Chucky....I remember once you complaining about having all the messages up on your facebook, about what people are doing in farmville and other game thingys, and I kind of remember you said you had a way of getting rid of them. It never bothered me back then as I was "addicted" to farmville at the time, but i havent played it now for months and months and NOW Im sick of it clogging up all other posts on facebook, so I would like to know what to do so these things dont show up on my site anymore.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:57:42 am »
I have trouble scrolling on facebook...thought it might have been my mouse, but it works fine on other sites.

Another thing Chucky....I remember once you complaining about having all the messages up on your facebook, about what people are doing in farmville and other game thingys, and I kind of remember you said you had a way of getting rid of them. It never bothered me back then as I was "addicted" to farmville at the time, but i havent played it now for months and months and NOW Im sick of it clogging up all other posts on facebook, so I would like to know what to do so these things dont show up on my site anymore.

That must be so annoying!
I didn't play for a while and blocked all FV feeds and all other game feeds.

Next time you see a FV feed  (or one of any other game/app you don't play) hover the mouse over the upper right hand corner of the feed - just picture the feed to have a rectangle frame. You'll see a cross. Click it and you'll get the option to block all feeds from this person or this app. Choose blocking all feeds from this app and you're rid of them.

Another thing you can do for your privacy is going to the Apps adjustment site of your account. Upper right hand corner of your FB site, drop down menu. Block all apps you don't use anymore from having access to/getting information about your account.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 01:00:15 am »
Chuckie: no problems on FB for me either.
Hope you get it solved soon.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 01:11:22 am »
Hi Chuck, I saw that you mentioned that on facebook today.  I don't usually have any problems with it, and when I do, I usually assume it's my internet connection.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 01:56:43 am »
Hi Chuck,
Yeah, I can understand that things like that can be sooooooooooo frustrating.  Like Clarissa mentioned, I'd think it's an issue with your internet connection or browser.  I mentioned to you on Facebook itself that IE was giving me unbelievable trouble with Facebook for a while a few weeks ago.  So, I switched to Mozilla and it's like a little miracle, it works so much better lately (knock on wood).

I'd say run every virus scan you can, clear all caches, temporary internet files, etc. and try a new browser (any new browser) from whatever you're using now.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 03:20:15 am »

That must be so annoying!
I didn't play for a while and blocked all FV feeds and all other game feeds.

Next time you see a FV feed  (or one of any other game/app you don't play) hover the mouse over the upper right hand corner of the feed - just picture the feed to have a rectangle frame. You'll see a cross. Click it and you'll get the option to block all feeds from this person or this app. Choose blocking all feeds from this app and you're rid of them.

Another thing you can do for your privacy is going to the Apps adjustment site of your account. Upper right hand corner of your FB site, drop down menu. Block all apps you don't use anymore from having access to/getting information about your account.

Thanks for that Clarissa.....so nice to just see messages up there now..
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection