Author Topic: Thank you so much!  (Read 5618 times)

Offline Brokebacklove4ever

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "Love is a force of nature"
Thank you so much!
« on: June 28, 2011, 01:59:21 am »
Im sitting here with tears in my eyes and amazed that there is a WHOLE COMMUNITY that feels just as strongly as I do about this "Force of Nature" that is called BrokeBack Mountain. Love is not always easy to find here in NYC, but this movie has shown me that IT DOES exist. Watching BBM is simply good for my soul. :)

My question is, when was the moment or scene(s) that you knew that BrokeBack Mountain had a hold of your heart forever. For me, there were 4 scenes:

The first was the wonderful night when Jack and Ennis made love by the rosy glow of the campfire. The scene was so beautiful and romantic, and I could feel the love that they had for each other come through the screen.

The second was when Jack was traveling to Wyoming to see Ennis after hearing news of his divorce. "King of the Road" was playing on the radio, and I was so HAPPY for jack,even europhoric (very weird feeling), but when Jack was rebutted by Ennis, and had to make that lonely ride away from the man he loves. Well, my heart simply broke. I swear, i cant NOT see this scene without my eyes welling up with tears. Jack had such wonderful expectations, and they were crushed.
 The third scene was  (not in sequential order ofcourse ) When Ennis told Jack that his father taught that all rodeo cowboys were "fuck-ups", Jack then rushed up and mimicked being on the back of a broncing bull , that silly moment ALWAYS brings a smile ;D
The fourth was when Jack FINALLY tells his father-in-law off!!! during thanksgiving dinner !! I rooted for Jack and was so proud of his courage to stand up for himself.

Well these are some of my fav scenes in the movie, list your own, and lets discuss them. This forum is such a blessing as adore this movie, its meaning, and how much it has meant to so many people.

Jack and Ennis, I love ya both :)
"Swear I didn't know we were gonna get into this again." Jack Twist

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Thank you so much!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:33:53 am »
Hi there, and welcome. I´m very glad to hear you share all our love of Brokeback and Jack and Ennis.

I think the scene that kills me every time is their last fight, and especially the flashback to the dozy embrace. The sound from the fire and the ever present wind; the two men holding each other and for once completely united.

Did you just recently see the movie for the first time?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:54:53 am »
For me, it was a sneeky thing, I found that watching the movie I had become emotionally invested in the characters, like I was a silent third party and when the trailhead parking lot scene arrived and Jack said "all we got is Brokeback Mountain" it started to hit home. The the postcard came back. I did not see it coming. And I was wrecked.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:58:47 am »
Welcome to BetterMost, Brokebacklove4ever!  Want a cuppa coffee, don'tcha?  Piece a cherry cake?  :)

It's always nice to find a new Brokie, even after 5 f**ckin years.  Glad you found us.  I'm a New Yorker, too, by the way.

What scene made me a Brokie?  Lots of them, but I remember feeling a pang for Ennis when Jack told him they'd have to bring the sheep down early.  He'd been so happy, and now that was being taken away with no warning.  When he ducked into the alley with the dry heaves, that said volumes.  Jack's sad, resigned look as Ennis drove away from the lake for the last time.  Ennis looking so helpless as he gazed out of Jack's bedroom window, and of course his emotion at finding the shirts.  There are so many telling moments, and they all add up to one haunting, beautiful movie.  I doubt I'll ever see another to equal it.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:38:15 pm »
I'm so glad you found us! 

Great question, too.  Here are mine:

Tent scene 2:  Ennis chooses  to go into the tent, looking like a scared child, and lets Jack comfort him.  The music that accompanies this scene always gets to me. 

Ennis pouting on the hill and Jack lassooing him.

"I guess I'll see you around, hunh?"  That line just killed me.  I wanted to scream "WHADDYA MEAN?" at the screen.  The sad, resigned look on Jack's face as he drove away, with Ennis in the rear-view.  Of course, Ennis's dry heaves/crying in the alley (still amazed at Heath). 

The intensity of Jack's performance in the Lake Scene, culminating with the Dozy Embrace.  It's still overwhelming. 

Ennis's recognition (and mine too) that the bloody shirts were theirs and what it meant.

Wow, bringing me back to them early days.  Thanks.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 04:46:46 pm »
Nice first post!

Welcome!

For me it wasn't a particular scene.. it was a general feeling in my gut after I watched it.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 04:56:35 pm »
...when the trailhead parking lot scene arrived and Jack said "all we got is Brokeback Mountain" it started to hit home. The the postcard came back. I did not see it coming. And I was wrecked.

That was me too, Truman. Even though I had read the story!!

Welcome, brokebacklove4ever! You'll have a cuppa coffee, won't you? Piece a cherry cake?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 12:18:42 am »
Hi there, and welcome. I´m very glad to hear you share all our love of Brokeback and Jack and Ennis.

I think the scene that kills me every time is their last fight, and especially the flashback to the dozy embrace. The sound from the fire and the ever present wind; the two men holding each other and for once completely united.

Did you just recently see the movie for the first time?

Hello Buffymon
I watch this mover every night for the past 4 days. I call it my "wind-down" movie, as it helps me relax and fall to sleep, with dreams of Ennis and Jack in that beautiful wilderness. BBM is one of those movies, at least for me, that rings true to what love is, never easy, but damn, the rewards are so lovely! Great to meet you! (and yes im watching it now, Ennis is dancing with the waitress that wants to be his new girlfriend, and the "Melissa" is playing on the jukebox) 8)

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 12:21:01 am »
For me, it was a sneeky thing, I found that watching the movie I had become emotionally invested in the characters, like I was a silent third party and when the trailhead parking lot scene arrived and Jack said "all we got is Brokeback Mountain" it started to hit home. The the postcard came back. I did not see it coming. And I was wrecked.
Great to meet you shakesthecoffeecan,
OMG, you hit the nail over the head! that is the same way I feel. Like I am along for the ride during this torrid, but beautiful love affair, almost like i am thier listening in.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 12:28:20 am »
Welcome to BetterMost, Brokebacklove4ever!  Want a cuppa coffee, don'tcha?  Piece a cherry cake?  :)

It's always nice to find a new Brokie, even after 5 f**ckin years.  Glad you found us.  I'm a New Yorker, too, by the way.

What scene made me a Brokie?  Lots of them, but I remember feeling a pang for Ennis when Jack told him they'd have to bring the sheep down early.  He'd been so happy, and now that was being taken away with no warning.  When he ducked into the alley with the dry heaves, that said volumes.  Jack's sad, resigned look as Ennis drove away from the lake for the last time.  Ennis looking so helpless as he gazed out of Jack's bedroom window, and of course his emotion at finding the shirts.  There are so many telling moments, and they all add up to one haunting, beautiful movie.  I doubt I'll ever see another to equal it.

Great to meet you Meryl, (by the way, i got a MEAN recipe for cherry cake for sure, had it a few weeks ago, so delicious!!) When Ennis was dry heaving in the alley, i felt so sorry for him, omg. This young man had experienced a love that was so powerful for him,coming from a home environment probe were there was no love, or very little. When Jack looks at Ennis driving away for the last time, (and we all know this is THE LAST TIME that he will see Ennis as he is murdered/accident later. I usually can not watch this scene, its simply too much. I think I love Jack, cause he very much like my personality.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 12:34:44 am »
I'm so glad you found us! 

Great question, too.  Here are mine:

Tent scene 2:  Ennis chooses  to go into the tent, looking like a scared child, and lets Jack comfort him.  The music that accompanies this scene always gets to me. 

Ennis pouting on the hill and Jack lassooing him.

"I guess I'll see you around, hunh?"  That line just killed me.  I wanted to scream "WHADDYA MEAN?" at the screen.  The sad, resigned look on Jack's face as he drove away, with Ennis in the rear-view.  Of course, Ennis's dry heaves/crying in the alley (still amazed at Heath). 

The intensity of Jack's performance in the Lake Scene, culminating with the Dozy Embrace.  It's still overwhelming. 

Ennis's recognition (and mine too) that the bloody shirts were theirs and what it meant.

Wow, bringing me back to them early days.  Thanks.

Great to meet you southendmd,
Tent Scene 2 was such a pleasure and visual wonder to watch. Innocent,loving,and passionate. I have never seen a movie that captured such an intimate moment so completely. One detail that made my eyes water, when our dear Ennis took off his hat, before entering the tent. It was the moment that I felt he surrendered to his attraction for Jack. That hat coming off does it for me,such a gentleman :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 12:42:45 am »
I think I love Jack, cause he very much like my personality.

I think I love Ennis for similar reasons.  But you make me value Jack all the more because you feel for him so much.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 01:54:19 am »
I think I love Ennis for similar reasons.  But you make me value Jack all the more because you feel for him so much.

Thank u so much Meryl :)