Author Topic: Brokeback Mountain on Oprah  (Read 21683 times)

mvansand76

Brokeback Mountain on Oprah
« on: October 06, 2006, 02:29:31 pm »
Does anybody know where I can find that episode of Oprah with the cast of BBM on the internet? I can't find it on youtube or yahoo, because they always take it off!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Brokeback Mountain on Oprah
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 02:48:17 pm »
IHeartJake has it. here's the link. Scroll down towards the end of that page.

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 03:21:39 pm »
Thanks!

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 07:52:27 pm »
Oprah embraced the cast and film nicely. But, I remain very bitter about her nearly single handedly pushing and campaigning for the Academy to vote "Crash" as best film. To me, it was a near-unforgiveable slap, and exposed a side of Oprah that was an unpleasant discovery.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 03:26:15 pm »
Oprah embraced the cast and film nicely. But, I remain very bitter about her nearly single handedly pushing and campaigning for the Academy to vote "Crash" as best film. To me, it was a near-unforgiveable slap, and exposed a side of Oprah that was an unpleasant discovery.

Well, at least you had a chance to see it. I missed it the first time around, and when they aired it the second time, our local station decided to replace it with a sporting event.

Good old Indiana.  :P >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 03:21:30 am »

I don't know if I'd say she embraced the film. Some of her questions were made it clear that she either didn't get it or she didn't watch the film to begin with. That was the impression I got from her during that showing anyway.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

mvansand76

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 08:37:39 am »
I thought her questions about the movie were pretty silly (the usual....soooooooo boyssssss....tell us about the kissssss) and very superficial... I didn't like the interview, but the boys did make up for that by being cute.

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 11:30:35 am »
I agree, the interview was typical Oprah.

Curiously, why do so many refer to Ennis and Jack as "the boys"; and their being "cute" to me deflates them to children-ish level...needing coddling and sort of unable to handle their lives; somehow deficient which is how so many people think about gay men. To me, the spirit of each man and that of the film as well as the larger gay arena should grant them the status of "the men". Just my opinion! thanks!

mvansand76

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 11:35:58 am »
I was referring to Jake and Heath and them being so cute and gracious in answering the questions that millions of reporters had already asked them millions of times before they appeared on the Oprah show.

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 11:43:55 am »
yes, I know. That was what I had referred to. thanks!