Author Topic: Pete (Vermont Sunset) is having an operation September 19  (Read 5335 times)

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Pete (Vermont Sunset) is having an operation September 19
« on: September 11, 2011, 10:19:54 am »
I ran into him a few months ago and he said he would be having another heart operation in September.  I just checked back with Pete and he confirmed it is for next week.

"Yes, the operation is set for September 19. I am very grateful that I was able to attend my daughter's wedding in Ireland in August. I even danced an Irish jig!

"Just got through a round of preop tests and I received the proverbial "good news/bad news". The good news is that I do not have significant coronary artery disease requiring a bypass. But the bad news is that an aortic aneurysm has developed above the valve that is to be replaced. This will require a replacement of the aorta with a dacron tube. As a result the operation will be much longer and more risky. But there really is no choice. I am looking forward to getting this behind me and resuming my life, hopefully by Thanksgiving.

"Please feel free to notify our other mutual friends. I was putting together an e-mail notification list for updates on my condition. Would you mind being the contact person for my Boston Brokie friends?

"I look forward to enjoying time together after my recovery."

Pete, you know perfectly well how sincere the wishes will be here for your speedy recovery and how much those of us in Boston will look forward to seeing you again over the holiday season!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Pete (Vermont Sunset) is having an operation September 19
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 10:54:48 am »
Thanks, Andrew, for letting us know about Pete.  :)

Pete, we'll be thinking of you this week and in the weeks to follow.  I'm looking forward to seeing you again in Boston one of these days, too!  8)

S'alright, s'alright, s'alright.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Andrew

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:34:08 pm »
Pete, been thinking about you yesterday and today.  Imagining your body quietly taking stock and adjusting after all the outrageous maintenance that was going to be done.

I know it won't be soon but I can't wait to hear all things went well and that you are the better for the worst that happened.

Best-best-best to you, Brokeback buddy.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:40:20 am »
Pete, been thinking about you yesterday and today.  Imagining your body quietly taking stock and adjusting after all the outrageous maintenance that was going to be done.

I know it won't be soon but I can't wait to hear all things went well and that you are the better for the worst that happened.

Best-best-best to you, Brokeback buddy.

Lee posted an update on Pete yesterday. Here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,8591.msg619323.html#msg619323

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:41:43 am »
Oops, I didn't know about this thread, so I've been posting over here about Pete's progress. His wife reports he is doing even better than his first surgery and was talking early this morning after a many hours long operation yesterday!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Andrew

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:19:15 pm »
Any further word, Lee?  Based on that initial report it sounds like he might well be able to make his recovery ambition for Thanksgiving.  I'm really happy, that is quite an operation!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:26 pm »
I heard today that he is home and actually received an email from him! He can correspond by email but can't handle calls or visits right now, because the breathing tube irritated his lungs and his breathing is erratic and he is coughing. Great news, eh?!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 09:15:03 pm »
The breathing tube irritated his lungs and his breathing is erratic and he is coughing.

:(

At least he's at home.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:23:35 am »
Has anyone heard anything more from or about Peter?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:21 am »
Yes, inquiring minds want to know.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."