Author Topic: Christian Domestic Discipline  (Read 231834 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Christian Domestic Discipline
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:32:23 pm »
Different strokes for different folks?  But blechh, and I do mean blechh!!   Where's the vomit smiley when you need it?  >:(

http://christiandomesticdiscipline.com/how_to_discipline.html

Just an example below.  The whole site is devoted to this medieval BS:

The Application of Discipline to Your Wife

You must always remember those two sin dynamics common to all women, for the vast majority of your discipline will stem from her struggles concerning them. Of course, each wife has peculiar struggles for you to deal with as well, and you'll need to be aware of them when they rear their heads.

First, do not attempt to discipline your wife without first going to the Lord in prayer. No man alone is wise enough, and we must seek the Lord when faced with discipline issues.

There are two primary methods to discipline in the home towards wives, and one necessary means of grace. Following are the methods of discipline:

Exhortation. When your wife is sinning, exhort her with the Word. Use your Bibles, gents! This needs to be done with gentleness, and often you will need to repeat yourself several times (using similar words) before it sinks in. Remember always, when disciplining that the person before you is the most cherished, adored person in your universe. Treat her as such. If you have children, it may, depending on how her sin touched the children require that they be present. However, keep control of the situation. DO NOT LET THE CHILDREN EXHORT YOUR WIFE DIRECTLY! There are times when children may do so, but once you're involved, it's your show, Husband. If the children have something to say (and you feel that it needs to be heard) have them address you, and not her. You are your wife's leader and authority in the home, not the children. Do not risk upsetting that balance.

Rebuke and Lash. This is the harshest discipline a husband should administer, and it should always be done privately and with Godly, Biblical love. Usually, exhortation will have already taken place before this method is used, but there may come situations where this is the first step. The rebuke and lashing should be administered with a calm heart. Talk to your wife, let her know you are serious, and tell her why she is to be disciplined physically.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Re: Christian Domestic Discipline
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:41:13 pm »
Different strokes for different folks?  But blechh, and I do mean blechh!!   Where's the vomit smiley when you need it?  >:(

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:18:14 pm »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:54:19 pm »
    Rebuke and Lash. This is the harshest discipline a husband should administer, and it should always be done privately and with Godly, Biblical love. Usually, exhortation will have already taken place before this method is used, but there may come situations where this is the first step. The rebuke and lashing should be administered with a calm heart. Talk to your wife, let her know you are serious, and tell her why she is to be disciplined physically.

Under the Common Law you could you beat your wife as long as the club was no thicker than two fingers.

Or maybe it was one finger. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 02:57:34 pm »
Different strokes for different folks?  But blechh, and I do mean blechh!!   Where's the vomit smiley when you need it?  >:(

http://christiandomesticdiscipline.com/how_to_discipline.html

Just an example below.  The whole site is devoted to this medieval BS:

The Application of Discipline to Your Wife

You must always remember those two sin dynamics common to all women, for the vast majority of your discipline will stem from her struggles concerning them. Of course, each wife has peculiar struggles for you to deal with as well, and you'll need to be aware of them when they rear their heads.

First, do not attempt to discipline your wife without first going to the Lord in prayer. No man alone is wise enough, and we must seek the Lord when faced with discipline issues.

There are two primary methods to discipline in the home towards wives, and one necessary means of grace. Following are the methods of discipline:

Exhortation. When your wife is sinning, exhort her with the Word. Use your Bibles, gents! This needs to be done with gentleness, and often you will need to repeat yourself several times (using similar words) before it sinks in. Remember always, when disciplining that the person before you is the most cherished, adored person in your universe. Treat her as such. If you have children, it may, depending on how her sin touched the children require that they be present. However, keep control of the situation. DO NOT LET THE CHILDREN EXHORT YOUR WIFE DIRECTLY! There are times when children may do so, but once you're involved, it's your show, Husband. If the children have something to say (and you feel that it needs to be heard) have them address you, and not her. You are your wife's leader and authority in the home, not the children. Do not risk upsetting that balance.

Don´t be surprised if they get off on it, too.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 04:30:12 pm »
Don´t be surprised if they get off on it, too.

So what if they get off on it?? Its not all that different than what goes on with the BDSM crowd.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 05:20:35 pm »
So what if they get off on it?? Its not all that different than what goes on with the BDSM crowd.
 BDSM takes place between two concenting adults, and is about mutual pleasure and trust. This is about men beating on their wives.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 05:27:06 pm »
Under the Common Law you could you beat your wife as long as the club was no thicker than two fingers.

Or maybe it was one finger. ...

It was a thumb. Thus, the "rule of thumb."

BDSM takes place between two concenting adults, and is about mutual pleasure and trust. The two things have nothing in common.

I suspect that nowadays many of these Christian cases involve consenting adults, too, and that there is often an unstated element of BDSM involved. Except in rare cases -- forced marriages, or people from the most extremely fundamentalist families -- I would guess most women in these marriages pretty much know what they're getting into. I have read quotes from wives in the past, and they seem to be fairly willing participants. After all, there is no reason to assume that conservative Christians are any less likely than others to have these sorts of sexual interests.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 05:39:46 pm »

I suspect that nowadays many of these Christian cases involve consenting adults, too, and that there is often an unstated element of BDSM involved. Except in rare cases -- forced marriages, or people from the most extremely fundamentalist families -- I would guess most women in these marriages pretty much know what they're getting into. I have read quotes from wives in the past, and they seem to be fairly willing participants. After all, there is no reason to assume that conservative Christians are any less likely than others to have these sorts of sexual interests.

I think most women in these types of relationships have been more or less raised to believe that this is OK behavior, and that is why they are "OK" with it. I have a hard time believeing that these Christians belong to some type of Christian BDSM group.

I´m sure BDSM is as common among Christians as in any other group, but BDSM is generally not about one gender "punishing" another. In BDSM, it can just as well be the women who ties the guy up. BDSM-plays generally also stay in the bedroom. I wouldn´t compare violence aimed at one gender, with sexual plays with the aim to pleasure.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 05:43:29 pm »
 BDSM takes place between two concenting adults, and is about mutual pleasure and trust. This is about men beating on their wives.

Not from the Christian's POV. This is love, and the woman does indeed consent to live this way. Marriages among Fundamentalists are like this. They don't all beat their wives, but almost ALL of them have a dominant husband/submissive wife component. They believe that's how God intended things to be.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.