Author Topic: Christian Domestic Discipline  (Read 231767 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Christian Domestic Discipline
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2011, 08:43:26 pm »
Whatever. ...  ::)

If it walks like a duck. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:27 pm »

... it's a racist duck.  ::)

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »

Sadly, the Association Fallacy is operating here.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2011, 11:28:14 am »
Sadly, the Association Fallacy is operating here.

Yes. It's the same flawed logic that produced this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Liberal-Fascism-American-Mussolini-Politics/dp/0385511841

Nazis were environmentalists and vegetarians. Many liberals are environmentalists and vegetarians. Thus, liberals are Nazis.

Offline SugarPCsHeart

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2014, 06:00:01 pm »
Nothing about it is abusive. I have been in a CDD relationship for a long time now and my husband and I have a marriage for the record books. He didn't just start hitting me or anything like that. I did research and brought it up to him. It is a mutual agreement and there is no harm done. We sat down and both discussed what we expected of each other. I told him what I needed from him as my husband and he did the same with me. I still argue with him from time to time and have an opinion and make decisions for the family the same as any other wife. But, instead of fighting and being angry with each other for days or weeks at a time like most other marriages the issue is addressed at the time it happens and it goes both ways. True I get a spanking but he has repercussions for his actions also mainly because I weigh 100# and he is 230# and it just wouldn't be effective if I attempted to spank him lol. Your uneducated opinion and view just nullifies your entire argument. You are arguing that it is a man claiming over a woman and beating her but if you actually spoke to any CDD/DD/DS couples you would realize the majority of them began with the woman/submissive presenting the relationship to the other. Most husbands/Dom's start off timid and afraid cause the concept of spanking their spouce seems odd and against everything they were raised up with. But, if you ask them now, their marriage/relationship is better than it ever was before. The allowing of the roles to be where we are personally biologically wired to be (not always the man as the disciplinarian.) Also, it isn't always BDSM oriented either for the other people who obviously posted with no knowledge of the subject either. I do not get off from being spanked, the disappointment I feel knowing I upset my husband enough to get a spanking makes it far from a sexual experience. He has never hit me or punched me or spanked anywhere other than the typical location. There is never mean words or degrading comments or sexual activity during/or closely following the discipline. I do not get barbarically thrown to the ground or slammed over a table for the right position. We have a private discussion in our room as to what rule (we both agreed to them all and many I chose for myself) was broken, then I get a rebuttle to explain why, if I had a just reason as to why I broke it , if I agree with him that i just broke it we move forward from there. After I am spanked we discuss what I will do next time to improve my behavior (keep in mind most of my rules I set for myself) then we snuggle up and usually watch a movie and discuss what we did that day and what we have planned for the next day. As you can see, instead of... like a normal relationship where a woman does something that upsets her husband, they argue, she bitches, they yell, go to bed mad then act irritated towards each other til it either is resolved or they forget why they were even mad. Instead of all the messy shit we agreed to end and fix the issues instantly. My husband has rules also and pays for his mistakes also as I do and the issue is dealt with and over.

So before you throw out some uneducated opinion and judge men and women and their marriages you know nothing about, you should probably do some research and talk to people who actually practice, cause all you have done is make yourself look like an idiot.

<3 A happily married CDD wife.

Different strokes for different folks?  But blechh, and I do mean blechh!!   Where's the vomit smiley when you need it?  >:(

http://christiandomesticdiscipline.com/how_to_discipline.html

Just an example below.  The whole site is devoted to this medieval BS:

The Application of Discipline to Your Wife

You must always remember those two sin dynamics common to all women, for the vast majority of your discipline will stem from her struggles concerning them. Of course, each wife has peculiar struggles for you to deal with as well, and you'll need to be aware of them when they rear their heads.

First, do not attempt to discipline your wife without first going to the Lord in prayer. No man alone is wise enough, and we must seek the Lord when faced with discipline issues.

There are two primary methods to discipline in the home towards wives, and one necessary means of grace. Following are the methods of discipline:

Exhortation. When your wife is sinning, exhort her with the Word. Use your Bibles, gents! This needs to be done with gentleness, and often you will need to repeat yourself several times (using similar words) before it sinks in. Remember always, when disciplining that the person before you is the most cherished, adored person in your universe. Treat her as such. If you have children, it may, depending on how her sin touched the children require that they be present. However, keep control of the situation. DO NOT LET THE CHILDREN EXHORT YOUR WIFE DIRECTLY! There are times when children may do so, but once you're involved, it's your show, Husband. If the children have something to say (and you feel that it needs to be heard) have them address you, and not her. You are your wife's leader and authority in the home, not the children. Do not risk upsetting that balance.

Rebuke and Lash. This is the harshest discipline a husband should administer, and it should always be done privately and with Godly, Biblical love. Usually, exhortation will have already taken place before this method is used, but there may come situations where this is the first step. The rebuke and lashing should be administered with a calm heart. Talk to your wife, let her know you are serious, and tell her why she is to be disciplined physically.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2014, 09:10:33 am »
Also, it isn't always BDSM oriented either for the other people who obviously posted with no knowledge of the subject either.

Thank you for clarifying.

I was the first one to make the comparison to BDSM. That was my error. The reason I brought BDSM up is because I thought the people who post here would be able to make the logical leap, and understand that both types of relationships can be healthy and work well for the couples in them. I never meant to imply that the spankings in a CDD relationship are in any way erotic.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2014, 12:00:04 pm »
I don't understand. If it's not erotic, what's the point of corporal punishment? That's not even recommended for children these days, and I'm not sure why it would be considered an appropriate way to resolve conflicts between married partners. If you feel you have done something wrong enough to require "punishment," why not just apologize? Or, if you you both prefer to "punish" each other for wrongdoing, why doesn't he use the same form of punishment for you that you apparently do for him, whatever that is?

I'm not arguing that the relationship is abusive. It is obviously one of mutual consent, at least in your case. So if there's an erotic element, I understand.

You have no obligation to explain it here, of course, but as long as you bring it up, I'm curious.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2014, 12:34:00 pm »
Yes. It's the same flawed logic that produced this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Liberal-Fascism-American-Mussolini-Politics/dp/0385511841

Nazis were environmentalists and vegetarians. Many liberals are environmentalists and vegetarians. Thus, liberals are Nazis.

Hmm. What's that saying about the person who brings the Nazis into an argument?  ;D

There was nothing "flawed" about my suspicions about writers who urge white people to have more children three years ago, and there is nothing flawed about it now.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2014, 05:03:31 pm »
I don't understand. If it's not erotic, what's the point of corporal punishment? That's not even recommended for children these days, and I'm not sure why it would be considered an appropriate way to resolve conflicts between married partners.

I wonder about that as well.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2014, 08:57:42 pm »
That's not even recommended for children these days,

A highly debatable point, but I don't think its worth derailing this thread to explore it. Let's just say that there are lots of people in both camps.