Author Topic: More BBM-related items up for auction  (Read 3885 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
More BBM-related items up for auction
« on: October 03, 2011, 05:15:52 pm »
I occasionally check ebay for interesting BBM-related items.  Well, here's an odd one:

Here's the item description:

This auction is for ONE Playboy magazine rack from the 60s/70s. It came out of the JAVA SHOP/GREYHOUND TERMINAL in Fort McLeod, Alberta, Canada were  Brokeback Mountain was partially filmed. This metal rack measures approx. 30x10x12" deep & does not fold down so expensive to ship. It is in excellent vintage condition showing only a few light scratches & slight dint in the nameplate.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:19:52 am by Bunny Darko »

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Odd barely BBM-related item up for auction--from the Java Shop!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 05:20:11 pm »
Well, I don't expect a lot of brokies fighting over a Playboy rack!!!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Odd barely BBM-related item up for auction--from the Java Shop!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »
If you look real close, Carl is looking out the corner of his eye at it when him and Cassie stride in.  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
Re: More BBM-related items up for auction
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:21:46 am »
Ennis's apple pie table from the Java Shop in Fort MacLeod was recently up for auction.  You had to choose if you wanted the wall it is attached to--the wall was extra, of course.  Opening bid was $1000, but it didn't meet the reserve.

Here's the item description:  We offer for your consideration the famous table #25 that Heath Ledger playing Ennis sat at during the break-up scene in Brokeback Mountain. It is located at the Java Shop (part of the Greyhound terminal) in Fort McLeod , Alberta, Canada. The building is undergoing extensive revovations & we wish to sell it as a package before it is demolished. There are flowers that come every year to be placed on the table .. Last chance to decide how much of the wall you would want. Shipping quoted is for the table,tablecloth, leg & booth # If you want more (like the wall it is attached to ) shipping & labor for removal will have to be calculated & agreed upon. Chair or chairs will also be available although we cannot guarantee that they were the ones in the booth when filmed.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 09:24:40 am »
Here are a pair of Ken dolls re-worked to look like our boys.  What do you think? What would you pay for these?  
Homemade clothes, even.  The shirts aren't quite right, but...

Item description:

Up for auction are STARS JAKE GYLLENHAAL and the late great HEATH LEDGER
  CUSTOM REPAINT REROOT Ken dolls / 1/6 figures
 from the groundbreaking 2005 movie
 BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN!

In 2005, Director Ang Lee brought to the screen Brokeback  Mountain.
 The heartfelt and groundbreaking story of a forbidden   relationship between two cowboys and their lives over the  years, which earned both Heath and Jake Oscar nominations.

Brokeback Mountain became an instant gay classic ever since  it came out in theaters.

I spent ALOT of time on these dolls to get them PERFECT!
 And the result is OUTSTANDING!

Here's how I did it:
 First I took their bald heads, cut into their scalps 1/8 of an  inch, dug out the plastic and CAREFULLY gave them both real  hair EXACTLY as it looked in the movie.
 Then I bonded the seams of their wigs and styled their hair!
 Then I gave them both posable ken doll bodies, and altered  their neck joints to get a perfect fit.
 Then I studied musium photos of their wordrobes from  Brokeback, and METICULOUSLY hand sewed ther clothes AND  hats with great DETAIL.
 Then I studied photos of both Jake and Heath and repainted  their facial features untill it looked JUST LIKE THEM!

These dolls were a blast to create, and look SO MUCH LIKE  HEATH and JAKE, it's like having mini versions of them both!

If you are a big fan of Jake Gyllenhall, or Heath Ledger, then  you won't want to let this ONE OF A KIND auction get away!

Also for collectors of:
 Barbie Ken, Fashion Royalty, Hot Toys, 1/6 figure, Dragon,  Tonner, Headplay, BJD, VOLKS, Celebrity doll, Gay Interest,  Or just collectors of custom couture beautiful art doll  creations!

You get ALOT of stuf in this auction,
 Here's what's included:

Custom Jake Gyllenhall as Jack Twist doll
 Custom Heath Ledger as Ennis Del Mar doll
 Blue cowboy shirt
 White cowboy shirt
 Dark bluejeans with belt
 Light bluejeans with belt
 White cowboy hat
 Black cowboy hat
 Tan jacket
 Green plaid, with fur jacket
 Brown boots
 Black boots
 and two pairs of socks

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 09:34:13 am »
I think there's quite a striking Ennis-look on the face of the doll.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre