Author Topic: Ennis' apple pie table for sale on e-bay!  (Read 3058 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Ennis' apple pie table for sale on e-bay!
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:46:26 am »
Listed on ebay, $1,000, reserve not met...........

BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN Java Shop HEATH LEDGER TABLE

We offer for your consideration the famous table #25 that Heath Ledger playing Ennis sat at during the break-up scene in Brokeback Mountain. It is located at the Java Shop (part of the Greyhound terminal) in Fort McLeod , Alberta, Canada. The building is undergoing extensive revovations & we wish to sell it as a package before it is demolished. There are flowers that come every year to be placed on the table .. Last chance to decide how much of the wall you would want. Shipping quoted is for the table,tablecloth, leg & booth # If you want more (like the wall it is attached to ) shipping & labor for removal will have to be calculated & agreed upon. Chair or chairs will also be available although we cannot guarantee that they were the ones in the booth when filmed. Payment within 2 days of auction end by PAYPAL ONLY . . We are not experts on this item so please ask questions before bidding & allow 24 hrs for response. Thanks for looking - good luck. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BROKEBACK-MOUNTAIN-Java-Shop-HEATH-LEDGER-TABLE-gay-int-/170707085495?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27beef68b7

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Re: Ennis' apple pie table for sale on e-bay!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 11:48:00 am »
There are flowers that come every year to be placed on the table ..

I didn't know that. I only knew that one flower (rose, I think) was delivered every day the Java Shop was open. Which was only a couple of days after Heath' passing.
I wonder if the above is true. It's nice to think so anyway. :)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 12:32:45 pm »

I didn't know that. I only knew that one flower (rose, I think) was delivered every day the Java Shop was open. Which was only a couple of days after Heath' passing.
I wonder if the above is true. It's nice to think so anyway. :)

I didn't know about the flowers either, nor the rose.

I like the thought of a brokie somewhere out there sending flowers to Ennis' table.

Maybe it's someone we all know?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 01:36:53 pm »
The flower gesture really is nice.  Awwww.  Makes me a little tear-y.  :'(

I hope the table ends up in the collection of a nice, dedicated Brokie somewhere. :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 06:11:24 pm »
Ah memories of our 2007 Pilgrimage!  I sat there briefly, then consumed my pie sitting just the other side of the wall from it.  I'm glad someone was thoughtful (and enterprising) enough to offer it for sale to nostalgic Brokies.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...