Author Topic: I miss you on weekends  (Read 213831 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: I miss you on weekends
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2007, 08:54:01 pm »
Phoenix,

I am a tad worried about you. Please remember that your life won't always be like this and you won't always feel this way. Don't do things to your body and mind that are permanent, trying to escape a temporary pain.

{{}}

Jess

Which brings me to my next point ..  :)
Jess is so right here.  I can't say it any better than she has already done!

Like I said before, do take care of yourself.

Hugs,
M

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2007, 01:06:40 am »
I knew this woman once, she had an addiction problem. She was addicted to alcohol for sure, she was also addicted to adrenalin. She got a rush out of her coming out. To her husband, parents, coworkers. It was an amazing an wonderful blossoming. She totally got off on it.

Then she ran out of people to tell. She then became confrontation toward people for not continuing to praise and support her to her face. Hell, they were busy with their own lives. They were happy to see her go on with hers, hey she was cool with them.

She turned into a total bitch toward everyone and ended up moving away. When we get together now we recount her exploits and wonder what she is up to. No one ever bothers to find out.

So what does this have to do with you? Friend I think you have invested a lot emotionally with Bill. You obviously care for him a great deal. Perhaps the reaction of your coming out was not as fulfilling as you thought it should be? Perhaps your hurting yourself like that it so type of pentance? I dunno, only you can figure that out.

Remember this: If you are not going to be good to yourself, do you think anyone else will be? Respect yourself is what I am saying. Face the reality that your friend accepts you for who you are. That is a wonderful thing. And I am proud of you for taking this step.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2007, 03:38:17 am »
Phoenix,
I too am happy ... but concerned.   I just know things are going to work out for the best.  We all love you here!

Hooray!  :D
br. patrick
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2007, 03:41:45 am »

What Jess said.  That is as obvious a wisdom as you can ever get here..Or probably anywhere else.  This time
will pass,  Be sure you are ready when the rest of your life comes along.

Beautiful mind

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2007, 04:54:02 pm »
i'm fine now. And i only hurt myself because i was so frustrated, because he wasn't sitting with me, and listening to what i had/have to say. I was sad, because i wanted to make him understand, but he didn't have any time. Oh well, he's called me everyday so far, so it's cool. I miss him a lot, and i've been thinking of him a lot.

I told Jordan, a guy friend of mine, at Walmart, about my thing with Bill, and he was fine with it. He gave me a hug, but had to go, because he was with some friends, and i was in a hurry.

Bill gave me like five hugs, and told me he loved me, but i was so upset because he was rushing, and such. And i was running on high emotions. That was the last time i saw him. But like i said, we've been talking a lot.

the new AFI list is coming out JUNE 20th and BROKEBACK IS GOING TO BE ON IT!!!!!!!!!! here's the criteria

Feature-length: Narrative format typically over 60 minutes in length.
American film: English language, with significant creative and/or financial production elements from the United States.
Critical Recognition: Formal commendation in print.
Major Award Winner: Recognition from competitive events including awards from organizations in the film community and major film festivals.
Popularity Over Time: Including figures for box office adjusted for inflation, television broadcasts and syndication, and home video sales and rentals.
Historical Significance: A film's mark on the history of the moving image through technical innovation, visionary narrative devices or other groundbreaking achievements.
Cultural Impact: A film's mark on American society in matters of style and substance

Brokeback matches all of them!!!!! But then again, so does Borat.  ::)

I hope BBM is in the top 20

this updated list is adding movies from 1996-2006
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 07:25:30 pm by RebelWithSadness »
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2007, 05:35:41 pm »

That will be interesting to see.  How much recognition that the film receives this long after the opening.  I bet it will get more attention than that stupid flic that won...What a giant riip that award
show was.  Not one single new thing was gained in that lame attempt...to portray racial bias.
         Glad to see you two are back on a good footing now.  I suppose if you keep that level of closeness you may have a friend for life...But careful about your own acting out behaviors...those can turn people off.
They can get to be afraid to be around you.  Just try: hard as it is to be positive in your approach to dealing with things and people.  Its better for your long term health and connections with friends and family also.  You have too much going for you to waste iit in a state of sorrow, and self destruction.  We are all
thinking of you and hoping for you to find the good way to let your life proceed..  A friend indeed. janice

Borat~~~ funny!!!  stupid film  but i guess you are right,.??

Beautiful mind

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2007, 07:27:43 pm »
thanks.........all of you!

Borat was stupid, but funny. Especially the part when Borat puts Pam Anderson in the sack, LOL!
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2007, 03:07:37 am »
I thought I'd start a "Coming Out" party for you by giving you two 8"x10" Photos that I forgot I had.  Nothing From "Giant", yet.  (I have many Film books...)   8)

Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2007, 01:11:53 pm »
thanks

I'm so mad that only TWO new movies were put on the new AFI list.

no Brokeback :(

but, i've talked to Bill everyday since school's been out. We're fine. He's fine with everything. We've argued, though, about nothing. HAHAHA!

i'm trying to get over him...by putting myself through a self-help spiritual session.      :D

but i love him as a friend, and vice versa

peace, and i had a dream about James Dean last night. I bought Rebel Without a Cause (the book  ;)      )

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2007, 01:15:39 pm »
Hey Phoenix!

Great to see ya after a while!  :)
I thought of you this morning when I came on here, wondering how you were doing.
Good to hear that things are on track!