Author Topic: I miss you on weekends  (Read 213953 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Great to see you here, Phoenix!
« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2008, 09:54:31 pm »
Hey there, Phoenix!

It's really great to see you on-line, Phoenix.  I've missed seeing you around, and somehow your birthday completely escaped my notice.  Please, please, please, accept my very best wishes for a ...

Happy Belated 19th Birthday!!

Nineteen is quite the important age in Brokeback Mountain, which I'm sure is on your mind to some extent.  I'm glad to hear that you and Bill remain friendly but the stress level has been dialed down a bit.

Definitely, like Brother Patrick said, the holidays can be really hard.  Emotionally alone even if you're not physically alone, out of step with the people around you.  I met up with some Brokies a couple of days ago - which was fabulous - but I'm back at home now, missing my family a little bit, indulging in some peace and quiet for the next several days, reminding myself that I wanted this.  Hang in there.  If there's one thing we can count on in this wacky world of ours, it's that things change, and often faster than we're ready for.

::)

Congratulations on pursuing your drama and the role in Marvin's Room!  It sounds like it would be really challenging (I don't have an artistic bone in my body!), but I bet it completely suits you -

not that you're troublesome  ;),

but that you can probably empathize really well.  Best of luck with it.

All the best, my friend, and please don't be a stranger!  You always have a home here at BetterMost.

-Lynne
 :-* 8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love was the word that left my lips
Re: I miss you on weekends
« Reply #281 on: February 21, 2009, 08:29:21 pm »
a very late thanks!

whats up with everyone?

its been a couple of months mainly because i've moved another time and we just got internet again, but i'm happy to be on!

first and for most i'd like to say that i am a movie fanatic! I'm taking a class called Literature As Film and its watching movies...and thats pretty much it. I love it, and the teacher is great, though everyday she says something inaccurate and i feel bad - but i don't want to correct her because that would be rude, and i don't want to look like a jackass.  :laugh: Nor do i want to completely steal spotlight from the head of the class...lol

I'm in another play - its the musical Seven Brides For Seven brothers, and i hate it. I don't have a good part, but putting that aside, its a very superficial play and at this time in my life i love mystery, messages and playing interesting characters. None of that is here. Its overtly conservative, and I KNOW I'M LOOKING TOO FAR INTO IT, lol, because its suppose to be a rather one track play, but i can't do just one track. I want a deep character to play...like Ennis Del Mar :) maybe in the opera version of Brokeback that is coming out in a couple of years.

on a personal note, i'd like to say that i have been lost lately. I feel very dumb, and out of place. I'm 19...i've never had a job, and i can't drive. I don't think i could balance school and a job, so i'm waiting to graduate first, and speaking of which - i don't know what i want to do with my life. I'm not a lazy person. Being lazy absolutely drives me insane...but i feel very ughh.

oh well, just wanted to update on myself and see how everyone is doing

and BTW, in honor of Heath Ledger's Oscar tomorrow (he has to win!)

i made another Brokeback Mountain music video. I needed to make this one for about a year and a half now, but here you go

it uses the song I Love You by Sarah McLachlan. Critique it if you watch it, thanks a lot!

"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Heaven holds a sense of wonder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0VVoScBd4k

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #282 on: February 22, 2009, 11:16:28 am »
Hey there, Phoenix,

It's great to see you online again!  You have been missed.  I can't watch your video just now, but I will come back and watch it tonight.  Your literature as film class sounds really interesting.  I have developed an interest in the technical aspects of film, especially audio, soundtracks, scores, since Brokeback Mountain.  And once in awhile I toy with the idea of writing.  Nothing wrong with dreaming.

;)

I'm not familiar with Seven Brides For Seven Brothers...even though you find it boring, I'm psyched that you're pursuing your interest in drama. 

i've never had a job, and i can't drive. I don't think i could balance school and a job, so i'm waiting to graduate first, and speaking of which - i don't know what i want to do with my life. I'm not a lazy person. Being lazy absolutely drives me insane...but i feel very ughh.

You are NOT dumb!

You are intelligent and articulate and passionate.  I wouldn't worry too much about not having a job at this point in your life.  Enjoy the freedom.  Focus on school, making good grades, and your hobbies.  Maybe consider some part-time volunteer work if you're feeling unfulfilled?  And I don't care what other people tell you, nobody really knows what they want to do with their life when they're still in high school...Some of us haven't figured it out at 40.

;)

I am so glad you checked in - I love seeing you here.  And I'll get back with you about the video later on.  Sarah MacLachlan is a favorite artist of mine.

Lynne
 :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2009, 08:04:06 am »
I'm in another play - its the musical Seven Brides For Seven brothers, and i hate it. I don't have a good part, but putting that aside, its a very superficial play and at this time in my life i love mystery, messages and playing interesting characters. None of that is here. Its overtly conservative, and I KNOW I'M LOOKING TOO FAR INTO IT, lol, because its suppose to be a rather one track play, but i can't do just one track. I want a deep character to play...like Ennis Del Mar :) maybe in the opera version of Brokeback that is coming out in a couple of years.

In the 1954 CinemaScope (snakevision) film of 7 BF 7 B, they got into trouble with the Film Censorship board at the time.   It is when the men are locked out  The refrain of the song is "A man can't sleep, when he sleeps with sheep."  The censors thought that was too kinky (implied).

The film is considered a Musical Classic.  I hope someday you get the chance to see it.

What ARE you into?   Film Noir?

{{{Cyberhugs}}}  and great hearing from you~!

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2009, 06:59:05 pm »
THANKS! and i love all movie genres. I could never limit myself with movies.
"He was very afraid of being hurt. He was afraid of opening up in case it was turned around and used against him."

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #285 on: February 25, 2009, 10:33:38 pm »
THANKS! and i love all movie genres. I could never limit myself with movies.

Glad to steer you in that direction.  The film has an astonishlngly butch and acrobatic 'dance off' between the brothers and the straight laced town folk.   I think it's one of the best dance numbers ever put on film and I'm not alone in saying that.

Again, great to have you back..

{{{Cyberhugs}}}

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2009, 04:40:52 pm »
someone PLEASE tell me about life after high school!

injest

« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2009, 05:01:17 pm »
someone PLEASE tell me about life after high school!

it gets a WHOLE lot better. You will have so much more freedom and opportunity. Most important you will be able to choose who you have to deal with every day. No one can make you be anywhere or do anything...yes you have to work but you CAN get up and walk out...although it is best you don't, having the knowledge that you CAN will be so freeing inside.

{{Phoenix}}

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2009, 05:36:54 pm »
it gets a WHOLE lot better. You will have so much more freedom and opportunity. Most important you will be able to choose who you have to deal with every day. No one can make you be anywhere or do anything...yes you have to work but you CAN get up and walk out...although it is best you don't, having the knowledge that you CAN will be so freeing inside.

{{Phoenix}}

yes, I think thats quite a good description Jess.

I think those that say that school days were the best of their lives were the jocks and cheerleaders who had not a care or issue in the world and reached their peak in high school.

Enjoy Pheonix! Its the beginning of a new chapter!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline RebelWithASmile

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #289 on: May 26, 2009, 06:54:39 am »
thank you, because i'm worried about everything...and yeah, High School sucked most of the time :laugh: