Author Topic: Happy Christmas!  (Read 167422 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Happy Christmas!
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2013, 03:59:46 pm »
I love that your tree is so expressive of YOU, Chuck!   Love the cat video, too, John, thanks!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2013, 04:11:01 pm »
Today we decorated our tree. :D

46 years old and still doing duty.
Here I was, thinking all those years the chain of lights was bought in Dec. 1968. I was born in Jan 1968 and my parents always told me my father bought it for my first Christmas, instead of using real candles. Today I looked at the receipt (who on earth keeps a receipt for 46 years?  :o ::)) and saw it was actually bought on Dec. 21st 1967. So my father bought it a couple of days before I was due, which was on Christmas that year. Either way, a wise investment for a new baby.
Meanwhile my father is long gone and another generation has grown up with these lights. That's some quality, eh? :)

This year, Oliver wanted the tree to be red and gold and ta-da, here it is:

With flash

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2013, 04:21:55 pm »
Some special ornaments:

My Ennis truck, a gift from a fellow Brokie. :D
It's on the tree every year, no matter the color-theme.

The little silver-green bell has been my favorite ornament since I was a child. Took it with me when moving out from home and it's very precious to me.

A couple of Hutschenreuther porcellain ornaments. A star, a boot and two bells. Hutschenreuther limits their editions to the year. I intend to get one new piece every year.

This year's theme for the bell is "Iceland" and it reminds me of my stopover in Iceland this year. Okay, I only saw the airport, but it still makes me happy that I was in Iceland. :)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2013, 04:57:37 pm »
Oliver has good taste!

The tree looks beautiful, Chrissi!

And no, they don't make things like that any more - things that will last for 50 years.  :-\

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2013, 06:16:13 pm »
love the tree, Chrissi!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »
This year, Oliver wanted the tree to be red and gold and ta-da, here it is:

What a lovely tree! Oliver does have good taste: Red and gold is also my preferred color scheme for a green tree.  ;D

I love those electric candles, too.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2013, 11:22:19 am »
Thank you Sonja, Chuck and Jeff. :)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2013, 12:17:19 pm »
Beautiful tree, Chrissi! Over the years my Christmas trees have toppled over a few times, usually because they were unbalanced. I should have done the hook and fishing line from the ceiling thing. Even when the tree fell over, most of the ornaments were all right as long as the trunk didn't fall on them. And the tree didn't even make a crash when it fell over, just a low whooshing sound.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2013, 12:34:50 pm »
And the tree didn't even make a crash when it fell over, just a low whooshing sound.

If a Christmas tree falls over and there is no one there to watch it, does it make a sound?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2013, 04:42:58 pm »
We always have a hook and a line to tie the tree and preventing it from falling, all because of the cats!  :P They all have a special glimpse in their eyes when the fake tree comes in.....we lose some ornaments each year because of our pets. There is one small angel that our cat Brassing always carries around in his mouth. He has done so for 6 years - the glory days for the angel are gone  :'( - so it will be fun to see if there will be a seventh year.....
Ennis.....always Ennis.....