Author Topic: Happy Christmas!  (Read 167512 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Happy Christmas!
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2013, 11:39:41 am »

What beautiful music to listen to while I cook! Thank you so much John...I hope it is the best Christmas you've known in a long time.  :-*

Merry Christmas to New Zealand, Germany, Sweden, and all the rest of you in the Eastern guard of Brokies! And merry Christmas eve to the rest of us! A special God Rest Ye Merry Gay Gentlemen too!

Merry Christmas, Lynne! (Ms. Dawson, your namesake, is quite something, isn't she? Just beautiful.)

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2013, 11:56:32 am »
I love Handel, and
I love Lynne Dawson.
Happy/Merry Christmas!

Thank you, John.  I love her too.  `

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2013, 01:52:37 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2013, 02:48:48 pm »
Happy Christmas everybody.
It is now after 7.30am and I saw Christmas arrive at Midnight Eucharist.
This is the first Christmas I have spent in New Zealand and almost the coldest one in my life. I did spend Christmas 1975 in Avignon, France.
As I was in Sydney for a reunion in November, I have not gone over again so soon. I will soon wish my sister Happy Christmas on Skype as she is 2 hours behind me. I am going to Christmas lunch with a group from the 60+ club who have no family living in Dunedin.

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2013, 07:49:02 pm »

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE,
from down under.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2013, 01:47:02 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2013, 01:47:55 pm »

46 years old and still doing duty.

Guess what? The cat killed my beloved Christmas lights.
He gnawed through one of the wires. Damn you, Cäsar! >:(

But yay for Jens instead! He put an insulation screw joint (luster terminal?) between the cut off parts - and now it works again! :D So now I have an old, beloved and patched chain of lights. But that's okay. As long as it still works and it's safe. 8)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2013, 01:51:10 pm »
Thank you, Brian, Rob and Chuck!
Since we somehow ended up with two threads for Christmas wishes this year, I'll add mine here, too:

to all friends on BetterMost

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2013, 02:38:48 pm »
Okay, who wants to share their Christmas 2013? Brian already did and here's my part:

On the afternoon of Dec 24th we always go to church. We're not religious, but go every year on Christmas Eve. The tradition started when the kids were small and still believed in the Christkind (Christ Child). We needed them out of the house and church was the only available thing on Christmas Eve.
So the kiddies and I went to church and that time window gave Jens the opportunity to put the gifts under the tree secretly, lock the living room and cook dinner.

Meanwhile it has become a nice tradition, which I really appreciate.  It gives you time to calm down, let everyday stuff behind you and fall into Christmas mode. We sing well-known carols, the children play out the nativity scenes, everything is very festive and we meet lots of people to wish them a Merry Christmas. Additionally it's also a time to reflect about the meaning of Christmas and be thankful.
That's why we still go to church, even though the children are old enough to know where the presents come from.

After church we mostly play one or two short games until dinner is ready. Then dinner, coffee, dessert and yes, a cigarette break for us parents. Then comes the time when hubby has to "go to the bathroom". Just at that moment, the Christmas Bell rings, which is the Christ Child's signal that he is just leaving the house.
Then it's gift-giving time and then we play and talk until late. After the youngest is finally in bed, the two older kids and we watch a movie. The last years it always was Die Hard (yes, on Christmas ::) :laugh:). This year, we opted for the Lethal Weapon movies. Can't help it, we all love silly action paired with humor. ;D

Since we celebrate Christmas for full three days, tonight we'll watch the second part in the series, after a long day at the in-laws. Tomorrow we'll visit my family.

I love Christmas. I love seeing all our extended families: siblings, cousins, great-cousins, aunts, including all their families, boyfriends, dogs and whatnot. It's always loud, overcrowded, chaotic and very, very happy. :)

What did you do for Christmas this year?

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2013, 03:16:59 pm »

Meanwhile it has become a nice tradition, which I really appreciate.  It gives you time to calm down, let everyday stuff behind you and fall into Christmas mode. We sing well-known carols, the children play out the nativity scenes, everything is very festive and we meet lots of people to wish them a Merry Christmas. Additionally it's also a time to reflect about the meaning of Christmas and be thankful.

Chrissi, did you meet and
take notes with the Queen
earlier in the week?
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngVYT9GRz6I[/youtube]
Your two Christmas Messages
are a lot a like! (I wonder if
the cats gnawed the lights
in Buck House?)

;D

(Your Christmas sounds wonderful, Chrissi--thank you for sharing it with all of us!)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"