Author Topic: Happy Christmas!  (Read 167429 times)

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Happy Christmas!
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2017, 06:23:42 pm »
Well, today I did just about all the decorating I'm going to do. I hung the garland and ornaments from the branches of my dining room chandelier, as I always do. I set up my grandmother's ceramic Christmas tree, Christmas carolers, and part of her Nativity set. This year I didn't set up the stable, just some of the figures. Next to the figures I have a King James Version Bible open to Luke 2. I replaced my fall flowers with poinsettias and hung my wreath on the door. I also hung up the Christmas stocking that was made for me when I was a baby, and I have a small teddy bear peeking out of the stocking. I also hung a ring of small bells on my apartment door handle.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2017, 08:20:02 pm »
Sounds just perfect, friend. I am focusing on getting all the stockings mended and hung up on the mantle. There are 11, ELEVEN, stockings! Quite a production!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2017, 11:23:14 am »
Yes exactly!

So be careful, Chuck!

I shall do my best!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2017, 11:24:20 am »
Sounds just perfect, friend. I am focusing on getting all the stockings mended and hung up on the mantle. There are 11, ELEVEN, stockings! Quite a production!

Sounds like my mom.

She doesn't mend the stockings, but she has a large number of them.  10 all together.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2017, 11:25:30 am »
Well, today I did just about all the decorating I'm going to do. I hung the garland and ornaments from the branches of my dining room chandelier, as I always do. I set up my grandmother's ceramic Christmas tree, Christmas carolers, and part of her Nativity set. This year I didn't set up the stable, just some of the figures. Next to the figures I have a King James Version Bible open to Luke 2. I replaced my fall flowers with poinsettias and hung my wreath on the door. I also hung up the Christmas stocking that was made for me when I was a baby, and I have a small teddy bear peeking out of the stocking. I also hung a ring of small bells on my apartment door handle.

I've done all mine as well.  Windows are lit,  the tree is up, and my collection of stuffed toys from Rudolph are out on the recliner.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2017, 04:57:19 pm »

I've done all mine as well.  Windows are lit,  the tree is up, and my collection of stuffed toys from Rudolph are out on the recliner.

Bumbles bounce. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2017, 06:34:37 pm »
I impulsively bought a third string of solar Christmas lights when I was shopping yesterday afternoon. I blame the discussion here ;D but only $15.
However I would not think of putting them up until about a week before Christmas. Last year I did not put any up but I went to Sydney for Christmas. This year I am staying home.
However with sunset now at 9.15pm I will have to stay up to see if they are working. I went to the Advent carol service in the Cathedral last night but it finished at 8pm so no lights on the way home. I will be going to the Christmas concert by the Dunedin Royal Male choir tonight  and Tuesday of next week I will be going to "the Messiah" by the City Choir so will have a chance to check out any lights then.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #157 on: December 04, 2017, 08:36:44 pm »
Bumbles bounce. ...

I got the Bumble in my collection.  ;)

Front Row: Rudolph, King Moonracer (guardian of the Island of Misfit Toys), Abominable Snow Monster, and Clarice.

Middle: Sam the Snowman, Santa, Hermy the elf, Yukon Cornelius and a misfit toy, the cowboy who rides an ostrich.

Back: This misfit toys. Water pistol that shoots jelly, train with square wheels, Dolly, the planes that can't fly, Charlie in the Box, and the spotted elephant.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #158 on: December 04, 2017, 08:38:05 pm »
I impulsively bought a third string of solar Christmas lights when I was shopping yesterday afternoon. I blame the discussion here ;D but only $15.
However I would not think of putting them up until about a week before Christmas. Last year I did not put any up but I went to Sydney for Christmas. This year I am staying home.   However with sunset now at 9.15pm I will have to stay up to see if they are working. I went to the Advent carol service in the Cathedral last night but it finished at 8pm so no lights on the way home. I will be going to the Christmas concert by the Dunedin Royal Male choir tonight  and Tuesday of next week I will be going to "the Messiah" by the City Choir so will have a chance to check out any lights then.

I've seen a few houses with the solar power lights,  they are getting popular.

Online Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2017, 10:25:08 am »
Today, December 6, is St. Nicholas Day.